VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P this weekend, nervous and don't know what to expect

Rate this question

jdelta

Question

Like the title says, i go to have an exam for fibro, gerd, and eczyma. Now the last one is a toss up, and the gerd maybe too i don't know. A doctor outside the VA diagnosed me with fibro a few years back. He was an idiot though so i don't know if it was documented(probably, but i also have 30 percent for p.s.t.d. so i'm probably being paranoid). Then again this doctor told me it was my weight blah blah blah. I told him multiple times that a few years prior i was going to the gym alot and the pain has become worse as i age amking it harder to be as active. I try to eat good(chicken and rice, oatmeal) most of the times but we are human. So back to the exam, i have only had one for the p.t.s.d. I was in Iraq day one of the war(March 2003). I was around burn pits and was exposed to the aftermaths of exploded tanks and buildings(hell some we even enter to make sure nobody was hiding or any wmd. I'm registered for the burn pits. I just don't know what to expect, will it be questions, will it be a physical? It's an outside contractor, so i'm hoping less va bias. I'm also too the point of drowning in debt. It's trigger my p.t.s.d. to the point my wife can't even sleep due to my nightmares and waking up with night terrors. I have become much angrier and lashing out. Not physically though, but i don't know what state i'll be in if i get another denial(btw with what i mentioned, i have a bva for freaking tinnitus even though i have stated where i have been. I was also a cavalry scout in the army so i was trained for combat. I have lay statements from a battle buddy, mom, wife, ex and a friend. I just need to know what to expect or what else i need to do to have a shot at an approval? I'm also filed for apnea, va diagnosed me and i have a cpap. Never had a chance to have any of this documented in service due to being told to man up. 

Edited by jdelta

• HadIt.com Elder

Also Make sure the  lay statements are notarized  so they will be credible evidence  and they won't come back and say you had lay statements but were not Notarized or Certified  there for this evidence will not be used in the decision....but don't worry if they are not notarized  submit them anyway..we should have mention this to you sooner.

19 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Also Make sure the  lay statements are notarized  so they will be credible evidence  and they won't come back and say you had lay statements but were not Notarized or Certified  there for this evidence will not be used in the decision....but don't worry if they are not notarized  submit them anyway..we should have mention this to you sooner.

Sadly not notarized, Most of my family and friends live a couple thousand miles away. 

Here's the symptoms i normally have on a daily basis. I started this list about a week ago because i knew i would forget some. 

Body feels like it has been rung out like a rag. 
Numbness in right shoulder
Aches in knee
migranes
stomach pain and diarrhea
Tossing and turning while trying to sleep
lower back pain
numbness in left arm shoulder and hand
legs feel like jello
feeling tired during the day even though i slept all night
hard time concentrating
angry
stiff neck
pain in right hip shooting down to my foot
dizzyness 
taking dogs for walk or checking mail feels like i have been at a gym all day
cramping in ankles, calves, and thighs
Numbness after sitting for long periods
upper shoulders and neck hurts after sneezing
difficult to lay on left side
neck cramps up while laying down
frequent urination, peeing at least 3-5 times a night
dropping stuff with left hand
left arm feeling sore like it's had an intense workout
struggling to lift stuff with left arm
when i sneeze, pain shoots through my body mainly in my neck, shoulders, and knees
painful to get in and out of car
hard to grip things with left hand
thumb goes numb and into my hand, last from 5 to ten minutes
trouble getting out of bed because of stiffness
struggled to lift a gallon of milk with left hand
sudden urges to go to the bathroom, even if i just went less then 30 minutes prior
legs feel like they are moving still while im lying down
back gets numb as i bend over to pick something up

burning throat
throwing up a little in mouth
pain in neck shooting towards chest
chest pains 
heartburn if i don't eat during a certain time(a few hours after lunch time)
difficulting swallowing, feels like a chunk of dry bread is going down my throat
plain foods like chicken and rice give me heartburn
upset stomach

Edited by jdelta

• HadIt.com Elder

RIGHT,

Don't worry about the lay statements not being notarized,   you don't have time  now.

I wish we would have mention this to you in time  but your IMO will be or should be enough , you can still submit your lay statements ...but with your evidence and opinions from these Dr's  that should get you a rating or increase  and maybe more than you may think.

.just do your exam and after its over ask the examiner how you can get a copy of it  for you?...he may say he has to finish his report and email it back to the VA  and after the VA receives  it wait about 3 days and go to   release of medical records office and ask for a copy of this C&P Exam.

if this is a outside provider like QTC he might give you a Fax # to request a copy....they should send it to you  but here recently a outside provider don't make copy's on our C&P Report  but don't hurt to ask before you leave the exam.

5 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

RIGHT,

Don't worry about the lay statements not being notarized,   you don't have time  now.

I wish we would have mention this to you in time  but your IMO will be or should be enough , you can still submit your lay statements ...but with your evidence and opinions from these Dr's  that should get you a rating or increase  and maybe more than you may think.

.just do your exam and after its over ask the examiner how you can get a copy of it  for you?...he may say he has to finish his report and email it back to the VA  and after the VA receives  it wait about 3 days and go to   release of medical records office and ask for a copy of this C&P Exam.

if this is a outside provider like QTC he might give you a Fax # to request a copy....they should send it to you  but here recently a outside provider don't make copy's on our C&P Report  but don't hurt to ask before you leave the exam.

Awesome, should is the imo when i talk to them or is it something i should write out?

• HadIt.com Elder

Well your IMO should be included as your evidence on record...this examiner should have this...you can list these conditions your having   but its better to come from a qualified Doc...we are not Dr's  so this would be only your speculation on your symptoms. 

If you take this list to your exam  only mention some of them if the Dr don't address it during your exam  just let him know your not a Dr but you have a hard time remembering and you wrote out a list of your conditions and symptoms  and show him your list   do not read this list to the examiner  just hand it to him/her...if you read this list were not qualified to state such medical jargon...it will be considered  medical speculation from the veteran.  and probably tossed out  let your IMO's DBQ's show your conditions and symptoms.

2 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Well your IMO should be included as your evidence on record...this examiner should have this...you can list these conditions your having   but its better to come from a qualified Doc...we are not Dr's  so this would be only your speculation on your symptoms. 

If you take this list to your exam  only mention some of them if the Dr don't address it during your exam  just let him know your not a Dr but you have a hard time remembering and you wrote out a list of your conditions and symptoms  and show him your list   do not read this list to the examiner  just hand it to him/her...if you read this list were not qualified to state such medical jargon...it will be considered  medical speculation from the veteran.  and probably tossed out  let your IMO's DBQ's show your conditions and symptoms.

I will for sure on handing her the list, that's a daily list for me, not including all the ptsd crap i go through.