VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nexus letter for Hives due to Toxic Exposures

Rate this question

Shawn8955

Question

Hello all.  I am seeking any knowledge or advice on my current claim.  I conducted a video conference with a law judge on October 11th, 2019.  I am seeking a claim for chronic idiopathic urticaria(hives) that I've been battling for close to 28 years.  I conducted (2) Persian Gulf War clinical studies and evaluations at Walter Reed back in the early 90's.  The file acknowledges that I have this chronic illness but I lack a nexus letter or imo.  The judge found my testimony to be very credible and identified a treatment for dermatitis while I was in service.  I also sought medical treatment on the private side, Dermatologist, immunologist, and internist,  with the same chronic idiopathic classification.  I am looking to associate my illness to the toxic exposures and/or the initial dermatitis diagnosis that I received while in Iraq, Saudia Arabia and Kuwait. I've been given 90 days to get a imo/nexus letter from a dermatologist.  Essentially my question is do you know of a regional resource that would identify a good starting point for locating a Dermatologist who could assist with such a letter?  Any other points of advice?  Could medical hypothesis's be helpful?   

I was to associate my claim to the "toxic soup" some many articles refer to but how would I get a clinician to understand and render an imo for the skin illness VA is attributing to an Autoimmune disease.  One of my counter-questions was Autoimmune caused by?

Any help will be appreciated.

Good that you got the letter!

In claims where the ratings have changed the VA will often have to do a staged Fendersion rating-meaning they will use ratings from the period before the reg changes, and than apply the new regulations to the more current claim they are applicable to, based on the medical evidence of record.