VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Blue Button Secure Messages?

Rate this topic

I understand your concern about them cracking down on missed appointments.  My Grandson's medical center threw my grandson out after my daughter allowed two missed appointments.  I thought that was pretty severe but that is how they roll.  I had to find a new doctor for my grandkids.  At least we now have custody and no more missed appointments.

I would ask your therapist to amend the appointment like you said but I would not let it go if they do not.  Family emergencies and surgery is adequate reason to miss and appointment and not call them.

Good luck Buck.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Vetquest

Yeah the day before my appointment  my wife was cooking supper about 5:30 pm and she lost her balance getting a skillet out of the bottom cabinet and raised up and lost her balance and fell backwards on her hip..Bingo'' broke her hip in two places  they had to put pins/rods and screws in  to secure the break..she was in the hospital 5 days after the surgery  then they transported her to Scott & White Rehability Institute  for Rehab and Recovery  she is home now but can't walk for another 5 weeks.   I do all I can  cook clean and help her get dressed & to the rest room and help bath and get her in bed...but she seems to be in good spirits  has a lot of pain  now mixed in with her other pain elments   ''when it rains it pours''around here.

• HadIt.com Elder
9 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Yeah I agree with you guys

I just hate to have appointment not kept  in my record when I canceled it due to a family medical emergency before the appointment, it say on the secure message site some members will not  respond to this message until 3 days..so I recheck it after 3 days and they still did not receive my message on this?

This Appointment was for my PTSD Therapy and they really crack down on missing these appointments.

I secure messaged my therapist and ask if she can amend my record that shows ''Appointment Not Kept'' Due to a ''Family Medical Emergency.

If that is neglected  Then I'll just forget the whole thing.'' 

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck, you are a tremendous asset to this site. You provide wisdom and knowledge that we count on every day by countless veterans and their families. So how come you don't set a good example when it's your problem? NO, don't forget about it!!! Call and keep on calling until you get someone to correct your record. Send a polite message, Blue Button, to your therapist and tell them you haven't heard a response from them yet and it is VERY important to you. Do this today, brother!

• HadIt.com Elder

ahhh  THANK YOU

I did last night GB....I think my therapist will take care of it.

We'll see?