VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BAV appeal

Rate this question

ShrekTheTank

Question

• Lead Moderator

Ok so I am having a few issues with the BAV

First off I talked to my regional VSO from the VFW and he agreed with me that my percentages added up to 100%.  He said he put in for an audit of their numbers.  Is this good or bad?

Next I am getting very conflicting reports.  I call the BVA number and talk to them and they state the appellate brief has not been sent from the VFW.  The agent said they can see where the regional sent it back on august 4th and where they released it to the BVA on the 28th of august, but did not sent the brief.

So I call my rep at the VSO and he said he can see the just is reviewing my Dercum's disease at 60% to see if that is high enough.  He also said the PTSD is staying at 30%. (which I will appeal)  

He also stated the scaring is staying the same at 30% which does put me at 100%

Next my VSO tell me to appeal my Sleep apnea as he can see two doctors who said it is related to my PTSD.  And the VA has a PA who gave me a negative review and that two doctors trump a PA everyday.  

This was my whirlwind yesterday!

• Lead Moderator

So after 25 phone calls to everyone and their mom!  I finally got a straight forward answer at to where my appeal is at.  I got the number to the VFW in DC which does the Appellate brief.  I talk to the case manager and amazingly he got it assigned today 😉.  I actually got to talk to him for a few minutes about it and gave him what I was concerned about and where I thought there were issues.  

Anyway I finally know the judge has not seen my claim after the remand was completed at the RO.  He stated it will take about a week or two and I can call back for an update.  He also stated they will be working mine once it comes back for how long it has been waiting.  Hoping to know before the end of the year!

• HadIt.com Elder

Shek, We are pulling for you brother! Looks like you got a good connection. And as we say, now go out and get a hobby. Or something.

• HadIt.com Elder

Shrek  It looks like Vetquest and I both can't spell your name right! I'm not sure about him, but for me, it's been a challenge all my life. It started in 3d grade; I couldn't remember if catz was spelled with one z or two:)  Anyway, we both are pulling for you.