VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

can we have some input here

Rate this question

Berta

Question

regarding the AMA questions I brought up on page 7-8 ?

I do not depend on advice from Alex regarding CUEs , survivor benefits, or accrued benefits.

This will probably be handled by Philadelphia itself ,in additionto the Buffalo VARIO because of my Inspector General Complaint.

In the Remarks Section of the 21P 601 , I had to make the point that this rests in part on a decision by Philadelphia VARO- Nehmer decision , I received for my AO IHD claim.

The complaint involved two VAMCs. It is being worked on (Audit of my whole file-still at Buffalo-) and might well resolve the CUEs ,

only leaving my AO HBP accrued  death claim, supported by the  NAS report , Secretary Wilkie has as to there being a "sufficient"amount to evidence to indicate AO exposure has caused HBP in In country ( and now specific BLUE Water Veterans.HBP was one of the 4 disabilities my husband was malpracticed on, and they have the denial March 205, the HBP 1151 award 2015 ( I sent them a CUE on the denial the next day and the award came 3 weeks later, and I also sent them the mathematics on his HBP , that was rated after he died) as to what they owe me for that claiim. 

The BVA has already awarded a Vietnam vet AO HBP due to the same NAS  report I sent them.The BVA vet also had an IMO. My IMO comes from VA Central.(FTCA Strategic Health Team - a horrific step by step report ,verifying my charges medically, for the 3 malpracticed conditions at that time, with a full rundown as to the misdiagnosed hypertension that contributed to his death. I also won DIC for Direct SC death when, in 2003 I filed for DMII AO- Never diagnosed or treated by VA.I won the most important claim I had ( DMII due to AO death) and the ancillary retro and FTCA offset refund  was a staggering amount.They still owe me cash due to a General Counsel Prec. Op.

The audit was verified by the VA and recent info I got says it might be resolved very soon.

I have made this point before- survivor claims are not handled the same way veteran's claims are handled.

if you all love your spouse, make sure they understand your VA issues and your VA claims.

Make sure they know how to use the PC and how to come here because , next to the VA itself ( whose DIC info is limited at their web site) this is where they will learn what they need to do if they file forDIC and/or accrued.

If I am not here for a few days, it is because of those issues (the audit)and I need to check again my figures I sent to them( I had 3 past audits that were wrong to the tune of $98,000, as I told the IG so I do know what an errorous audit is. They were ordered to pay that amount, and did...and I have a lot to do for the BWNVVA.

I hope you all realise that many vet reps do not have a clue on DIC or accrued. Those claims from survivors are few and far between- (that might all change due to HR 299 and Propopio.

My first DIC claim was filed in 1981. The VVA told me to file it and I had my baby still in diapers and I was reeling over that loss of my Army husband.

The VA denied right away but said I was eligible for Wartime Pension but I had too much income (SSDI family death benefits) so they could not send me a pension.My hsuband and I were on Vet Link, modem to modem 1988, and then prodigy Vets BBS, 1990s, and he knew more about DIC than I did- 

when my Marine Husband ( he was in the Navy also) died, by early 1995 I filed my first VA claim ( 1151) DIC  I learned all I could and the internet by then made that easy because my so called vet reps didnt have a single clue.Also I and my husband had been using the VBM by NVLSP since 1991, helping local vets.

So I have  24 years of experience dealing with widows/widowers claims.I have asked at least 4 widows to join here but they haven't yet and they might be eligible under HR 299 and Propocio ( AO BWN ) and that issue is taking up most of my time----so from here on in I will only be at the AO forum and will post any new info on BWN I get and try to respond to posts there. I am a member of BWN VVA and promised them I would do all I can for any BWN vet or their survivor...here and elsewhere on the net.

Edited by Berta
in cloud...double posts...

• HadIt.com Elder

My claim was in the NWQ back in 2015 before the AMA/RAMP ....But it was because my R.O. was logged down with claims  this is why they decided to change the claims process to make the claims go faster  and the AMA was Born. 

My claim ended up at Salt Lake City Ut...my original R.O., is  Waco Tx

As I understand like shreaktank and GB Army mention if your denied at a certain level   you can  elect a certain level for your claim but we won't know until a decision is made.

...I suppose this is why they have the different levels ?  but most veterans should choose the level that's right for their claims.

. During the process of claims we have to wait for a decision  its then we can elect different lanes.

I see nothing wrong with Alex forming a rapport with senior raters  I think we all would love to do that.

I would trust Alex with all my claims , if  I die first and my spouse needs help with DIC she knows to contact him or ms  berta.

Edited by Buck52

Berta...

Its clear you are a "nationwide expert" on DIC and survivors benefits.  I certainly wont dispute that.  

You posted:

This will probably be handled by Philadelphia itself ,in additionto the Buffalo VARIO because of my Inspector General Complaint.

Not to be argumentative, but, while what you posted may happen, it appears to me to be more likely to follow current VA protocol, which is to place claims in the NWQ.  

Alex is not the only one who "noticed" the switch to NWQ.  There was a hearing on its effectiveness with mixed responses.   These people seemed to also notice the switch to the NWQ:  

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CHRG-115hhrg29368/html/CHRG-115hhrg29368.htm

While the Que probably works great making widgets, it sucks when it comes to the VA.  I will not regurgitate my story, but one thing.

When it's a simple question back to the examiner from the rater, can we please pick up the phone????

Que,

Examiner A sends exam to rater 1, who asks A to opine likely 50%, and A states likely 50%, which goes to rater 2, who digs through the whole stack to find out why 1 asked A regards likely 50%, and finds a conundrum, and asks A, who says because, which rater 3, ponders why not just deny, and does, Veteran appeals, repeat, repeat, repeat.

Should be,

Examiner A sends exam to rater 1, who calls A, asks likely 50%, A responds yes, Veteran compensated.

Veterans are not widgets,

Hamslice