VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Grant

Rate this question

Krichards

Question

Hi just wondering if anyone has had a problem getting there BVA grant issued. I was granted IU 14 NOV 2018 still havent seen anything. AMC sent me a decision letter on accident with all my BVA grants. Which i was told was a preliminary letter and I wasnt suppose to get. Ive had congressman help and they are not having any luck getting the VA to issue grant even when a decision was make July of this year. My file was flashed for hardship last year and still no luck with them even giving me a partial grant. If anyone has any advise it would be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Most Veteran advocates agree that congress critters are of little help.  The VA takes congressional inquires and stacks them in packs of 52, like a deck of cards.  

Lousy employees, as punishment, then pick one card.  They then throw the other 51 congressional inquires away.   VA thinks they are above congress and are miffed when congress tries to interfere.  

Remember, VA has its own police force (the VAOIG) which is manned and staffed by VA employees who take care of their own.  If the VAOIG investigates, they then "make recommendations" for improvement.  That is the extent of the "police force".  

If we had VAOIG complaint of drugs inside VA, for example,  then the VAOIG would investigate and "make recommendations" that the offending party seek treatment.  Whether or not the drug addict inside VA would comply is irrelevant.  It would be/is  business as usual after a VAOIG investigation.  VAOIG investigations are useless.  Actual example:

I complained to the VAOIG about "shredding" my evidence, AFTER the VAOIG had done an investigation in Oct. 2008, finding that multiple VARO offices were guilty of same.  

The VAOIG sent me a letter, telling me to "tell the VARO you were shredded".  It went nowhere, and the VA again got away with criminal activity, destroying evidence so they can deny Veterans.  It makes the rater job easy.  They dont have to calculate retro, they just send a denial letter and its done.  Their bosses smile.  Veterans, in the mean time often become homeless with no income and 20 per day die to their own hand.  Many times the blood of these Veterans is on the VA's hand...its often a disgrace for a man to lose his home and be unable to support his family with no income.  How do I know this?  I lived it, and lost my home in 2005, after applying for benefits in 2002.