VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

joe martin

Rate this question

joe martin

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck, I do understand that helping people on Hadit also is therapy for yourself. That's a win-win not only for you but for us. You got to keep it up, man. Helps a lot of people out there; not just the veteran who asked the question, but countless others that will learn from it. Pay attention to the med changes; monitor closely. Look at the warnings on the data sheet provided. Keep a log with times started, any symptoms, today was a good/bad day, anything that can help the docs figure out stuff if things start going wrong. And be sure if you have to cancel your doc appointments that you get confirmations and re-schedules for new ones. Stick with the program.

@Buck52, keep on with your program.  As far as the hospital it is not that bad being an inpatient for a few weeks.  I was voluntary so I could leave at any time.  I made a life long friendship with another veteran there.  If you need to get your medications squared away that is the place to do it because the medications sometimes have side-effects.  In the mean time hang in there.  Keep working on hadit.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Vetquest GBArmy

I guess I just needed to let off some steam here  I know you guys don't need to hear me piss & moan about my problems

Roger that Vetquest about the Hospital Stay..I'll keep what you mention about that in mind

I am not sure I will file for increase on my PTSD  to damn much stress as it is...I might file a secondary claim for Sleep Apnea    from my  S.C.PTSD

just need to gather up some evidence and see if the Dr;s will help me out?  if not  I won't be filing...because we can't afford a private Dr at this time.

I just need to get better control of my mental health.  and possibly Heart rate problems...but pretty sure thats because I am obese, can't do much without it taking the wind out of me...pretty sure its my over weight.  I am in a 42-44 waist  eh!  I've always been about 170lbs at 6'2...but over the last 10/15 years since I stopped working I have put on the pounds  most around my stomach

my spouse loves to cook and she is a darn good one.

just saying!!!

18 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Thanks Vetquest GBArmy

I guess I just needed to let off some steam here  I know you guys don't need to hear me piss & moan about my problems

Roger that Vetquest about the Hospital Stay..I'll keep what you mention about that in mind

I am not sure I will file for increase on my PTSD  to damn much stress as it is...I might file a secondary claim for Sleep Apnea    from my  S.C.PTSD

just need to gather up some evidence and see if the Dr;s will help me out?  if not  I won't be filing...because we can't afford a private Dr at this time.

I just need to get better control of my mental health.  and possibly Heart rate problems...but pretty sure thats because I am obese, can't do much without it taking the wind out of me...pretty sure its my over weight.  I am in a 42-44 waist  eh!  I've always been about 170lbs at 6'2...but over the last 10/15 years since I stopped working I have put on the pounds  most around my stomach

my spouse loves to cook and she is a darn good one.

just saying!!!

do you take any kind of anti depressants?  I was able to get OSA secondary to PTSD due to the prescribed PTSD med, one of the side affects with long term use is weight gain (a major contributor to OSA).  My C&P examiner agreed with the evidence I gave that, showing there is a nexus linking it to the PTSD and stating that it is as likely as not (50% or greater probability) for the service connection.  

• HadIt.com Elder
3 hours ago, gunner1 said:

do you take any kind of anti depressants?  I was able to get OSA secondary to PTSD due to the prescribed PTSD med, one of the side affects with long term use is weight gain (a major contributor to OSA).  My C&P examiner agreed with the evidence I gave that, showing there is a nexus linking it to the PTSD and stating that it is as likely as not (50% or greater probability) for the service connection.  

yes I take someI take 40MG ESCITALOPRAM OXALATE/ That replaces  Fluoxetine 30MG  & for anxiety  BUPROPION 100mg plus I take two different anxiety meds  plus1 25MG OF  mirtazapine for sleep and help control night/mares

They took away two of my meds  Proziosion and I can't remember the other but I could not tolerate them,and lowered  md doses on some of the meds I am taking now.

Did you ask your PCP to fill out a DBQ for OSA? ??or any Dr's from MH?

These Dr at my VA won't help much with a claim  but maybe they could say these type meds could Interfere with my sleep,   my spouse has to awake me about 3 to 4 times a week because she sad I seem to stop breathing and it scares her.....I use a C-pap and turned it up and that help my breathing better the C-Pap was prescribe by the VA SLEEP CLINIC.  4 years ago

It's been 4 yeas ago I did the  private sleep study and VA Sleep Clinic says I have Moderate /Mild sleep apnea .and said I need to use the C-PAP  BUT DIDN'T MENTION MEDICALLY NECESSARY...''Damn it''

I think sleep apnea is sleep apnea if you have it,   it's still OSA,

but I also understand some  can have severe profound sleep apnea .  I snore loudly but I don't think I have severe sleep apnea   so Moderate to Mild  is what they diagnose me for  I use my C=PAP every night.

I didn't  have any OSA problems while in the military  so this will have to be secondary to my PTSD.

i JUST NEED HELP FROM A  Sleep Doctor  or qualified  Dr  to state it is 50%  more least likely as not this veterans OSA is related to or caused by the meds he takes for PTSD  and name the meds.

.if they would say that  or give me a favorable nexus      I'd have  a good chance getting approved.

I am 68  so maybe age will be a factor and over weight but I was over weight for the last 16-.17 years   since I stopped working  so I am sure they will use that against me too? I gained weight after I stop working and since i never had it while in the military  they will more than likely deny me on it.

My PCP probably will not help  but she might? she is a INTERNAL MEDICINE Doctor

Edited by Buck52