VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

joe martin

Rate this question

joe martin

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck, reading your latest, I agree with vetquest, we are hear to listen.Just reading your last, sleep apnea, or OSA, is serious. If you last had a sleep study 4 years ago, make an appointment with a doc that will be recognized by the VA (don't know what those qualifications are), or, make an appointment with your VA g p  if you have one and tell him about your symptoms. Tell him you need an update. They will schedule you a sleep study, then diagnose that you need it. THEN you submit a claim, with a IMO from a doc that says your meds ???? has caused your overweight, and that is the nexus for OSA. THe CPAP machine, if prescribed by the VA won't cost you any$ either. Do it. It's serious; 4 years is too long. The machines now have capacity to send data from your sleep interuptions nightly; you don't have to do anything and they can monitor it.

• HadIt.com Elder

GBArmy

I have a diagnose from the VA FOR SLEEP APNEA, They could not get to me to do one at the VA  Hospital  so they sent me to outside care  private sleep clinic in Plano Tx...I currently use a Cpap Machine Prescribe by yours truly  the VA...

All what you mention is right on  but I been over weight for like 15/16 years   after I stopped working and was placed on TDIU P&T.

It wasn't until 2015 I file a PTSD/Depression claim..I am 70% S.C. For it...I was thinking filing a secondary claim for S.A. due to the PTSD Meds I take  and possibly some other meds I take..All prescribe by the VA  And  a Good short Lay statement from mt spouse(when she able)

Now in most All my medical records Dr Regular Visits check-up's and all the other clinics  Except my MH Clinic  they always weigh me   so my weight is in most all my records...so I really can't say the meds made me over weight ,

you can't bet your right arm the rater or C&P Doc will certainly point that out....but since my VA physiatrist sent me to the sleep clinic because my spouse mention that she has to awake me during the night I stopped breathing and scares her & I had private study done on me theydiagnose  Mild to Moderate  and file it secondary to my PTSD  (Since I been on this MH Med's)

I don't remember the DBQ's when I first filed  but they have them now  I just need a Dr to fill one out...my PCP Dr is just an MD  (Internal Medicine)

If I can't get all the evidence I need   then I will not file   My MH Phyistrist refueses to help  she said thats not her job  and if I wanted to file a claim  go see the people that do that  like the DAV...So I have to scratch that one.My LCSW would help me but she is not qualified.

I am just pondering this rather or not I get enough evidence to support my claim = rather or not to file?

6 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

but I been over weight for like 15/16 years   after I stopped working and was placed on TDIU P&T.

Buck being over weight actually worked in my favor for being granted SA, in my case the doctor stated how I was overweight while in the service. In your case because of your disabilties you were granted TDIU and then gained weight. I think with the meds and being on TDIU will work in your favor (I also have hypertension which can be a sign). If it was me I think I would go ahead and file a claim for SA as secondary to PTSD. I would list all my meds taked for PTSD and how they contributed to you having SA. I would work on the VA staff there to see if you can get them to write a DBQ stating it is at least likley as not that PTSD caused your SA. 

If it is denied you can request a new sleep study (you are supposed to have them every few years just to make sure you are not getting worse), if you are referred to a private doctor then ask them to write you an IMO (that is what I did). 

16 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I am just pondering this rather or not I get enough evidence to support my claim

Its like setting on your back porch talking with your buddies about these issues...that is what we are doing Buck minus the back porch!

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that paul

I'll see if I can get any help   the sleep clinic here at my VA?

I don't think they will be of much help   they think it goes against them  working for the VA They seem to get in a Advsarry  train of thought or the VA Dr's Employed by the VA   I guess it's just to Adversarie  CONFLICT OF INTEREST  for them self..in other words they are to chicken shi** to help 

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger the Back porch..LOL

its suppose to frezze here tonight in Dallas Ft Woth Area    within 140 mile radius I think...not setting on the old back porch tonight...LoL