VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P for a secondary condition to ptsd

Rate this question

Kuwaitin08

Question

I had a C&P exam for a secondary condition to ptsd but the examiner had no information about my primary condition (already won claim). To make matters worse, they had no idea the exam was for the secondary condition. Lastly, once I told them, they refused to look at my supporting documentation. She stated they aren’t allowed to look at supporting evidence outside of their exam. 

WTF!?

• HadIt.com Elder

Ok  go to the C&P Office  and let them know what happen  and ask to be rescheduled.

If this was QTC  I've Had fairly good luck with them  the Dr I seen was State Licenses Phyistrist and had her own office /Business  Nice place  she had a secuatary that took me into the D'r office...this was for a Forensic PTSD  C&P.  

But maybe the VA made an error in scheduling you for the wrong exam?  that's what you need to check on.

Go see the C&P Office in person   they are usually located inside the VAMC Building.

OK, so I contacted the audiologist that said their orders for my exam were only for severity and service connection of tinnitus and hyperacusis.

I contacted QTC to see what their orders said. They stated that their orders were not for anything secondary to PTSD.

I contacted the VA who stated that their orders very clearly state that I was to be examined for a condition secondary to PTSD. The VA assures me that when the proper information is not forwarded to them, they will send that information back to QTC for another examination.

What a damn mess. So that means my claim will be delayed forever...

Well yesterday I checked E benefits and saw that my higher level review was partially completed. I was awarded 50% for migraines, 10% for tinnitus and 10% for Gerd. What is pretty funny is I was referred for another C&P exam for vertigo. While that’s great that I have another exam,  I didn’t claim vertigo in my Higher Level Review. It was claimed in my initial claim. I’m not sure what’s going on. I’m just gonna roll with it.

The craziest part of this whole mess is that the Hyperacusis that I submitted for a higher level review is now completely missing. 🤦🏻‍♂️😕. No record of it at all...