VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally!! From SMC S to SMC L granted

Rate this topic

iraqx2

Hello and good news everyone! My longest wait for an appeal ( waited close to 6 years ) was finally approved. Had to contact my senator's office because of the long wait ( but I am not sure that helped sped things up ).  I appealed an 5 year reexamination in 2014 requesting a higher SMC rating for my TBI and P&T status. Got P&T granted last year and now finally was approved earlier this month for a higher SMC rating, based on the information in VA.gov and calling the VA.

However, I did not receive the decision letter as of yet nor have been paid. Supposedly the letter was just created and in the process of being mailed. I am on pins and needles. This is so excruciating and at times painful of a wait. My biggest fear is that they will mess up on the retro and I might not receive a penny, which would be crazy. In hindsight, I also wonder what if I never specifically requested a rating of L on my Notice of Disagreement? They may have decided on another SMC higher rating ( because one step up from S is actually L anyways ).

So stressed but relieved to perhaps closed out this wait.

Have a good day everyone.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founder

@iraqx2 Great news on the SMC L, the pins and needles will go away 3 - 4 weeks after the money hits the bank. So just breath and wait to see what it says in black and white. The wait is over, the fight is done give your body and mind sometime to come down and be kind to yourself. Really happy for you.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am happy for you ,after you get your package in the mail sit back and relax..take your family out and start back to enjoy your life.

WTG  a great Win.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use