VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Importance of “At least as likely as not”

Rate this question

Apache

Question

I received my C&P exam result and the VA examiner did not indicate “at least as likely as not” on any of my exams.

So, my question is, is “at least as likely as not” required if I was on active duty during my C&P exams? 

Advisement : I did not upload exam results due to the fact it’s 100+ pages

v/r

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

If one of your disabilities was pre-existing or aggravated due to service, you can still work to get SC for it. Check out my blog entry to get an idea of how it is supposed to work.

FAT:Good luck.......

Me: Thanks!

BERTA:Are you being MEBed or PEBed out?

If so are you waiting for a  LOD (Line of Duty Determination)?

Me: Hopefully, MEB soon! From what I was told at my C&P exams by VA examiners, there is no way the military is going to keep me, once the rating is complete. 

Thanks for responding Buck52! The VA examiner  wrote “ Active duty complaint” after every C&P exam.

Vync, Thank you for recommending that blog, I will certainly read it. I filed my claim by myself with limited knowledge of the VA process. This site has definitely increase my knowledge and awareness of the VA disability process. I wish I knew then what I know now. I would have been better prepared.

I can say the best thing I did during this entire process was initiate it while on Active Duty. 

v/r

We have a PEB/ MEB forum here- that directs you to another very good site where there is a forum:

https://www.pebforum.com/

but it looks like they will SC all of your issues-yet  we have no idea how they will be rated.

They usually do not state "as likely as not" when a service person is still in the military-

"The VA examiner  wrote “ Active duty complaint” after every C&P exam."

That should do it-

Also  , if you need help, hopefully the base, or installation has a PEBLO- Physical Evaluation Liaison.

But keep us informed as this goes----and hopefully , before you leave the Mil they will direct you to someone ( vet rep, VSO) who can help you file the formal VA claim.

Thanks Berta! I’ve been to that site a few times already. It’s very informative much so like this site. 

I plan to post a few of the C&P results I am suspicious about. I have 100+ pages of C&P (hard copy) notes.

What is the most critical part of the results? 

V/r

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
2 hours ago, Apache said:

I plan to post a few of the C&P results I am suspicious about. I have 100+ pages of C&P (hard copy) notes.

What is the most critical part of the results? 

Be sure to redact/omit and personal/private information.

It would depend on the kind of exam. Some exams are pretty cut and dry while others cover a lot of condition. You can just post the relevant parts if you want. Some veterans just scan and post the whole thing (redacting personal/private information), but that can be pretty lengthy sometimes.

The most critical part of a C&P is the section where they make their opinion and state if it is not due to, less likely, as likely as not, most/more likely, or is due to. That part is where service connection can be granted or denied. The other parts I mentioned earlier go more in hand with the rating criteria and how the VA determines the percentage for each connected disability.