VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

High Level Review Closed

Rate this question

courage2

Question

I have been trying to get my Sleep Apnea service connected for months. I did a high level review from my C&P case and they just updated va.gov with a status of 

VA Identified an error that must be corrected

VA corrected an error and made a new decision

Current status is the VBA made a decision, read decision letter for more details.

It says currently on review is "Compensation Issue".

Ebenefits shows no change but should I give it another day or two before I decide that they denied my appeal? 

Thanks!

On 11/7/2019 at 3:23 PM, Vync said:

For open claims, stick with va.gov. I tried to find mine in ebenefits recently and it just referred me to va.gov anyway.

For normal claims (not HLR/NOD) you can find your pending claim in eBenefits by clicking on your disabilities and at the bottom it will show you pending claim. You can click on it and it will take you to that claim.

HLR/NOD you must use va.gov

"Somebody" at VA is looking out for you.  Based on your post, VA identified their own error and quickly readjuticated.  Now, if its "harmless error" then there is no need to readjuticate, so it would seem as if "you should get a different result".  

Now, since both ebenefits and VA.gov are unreliable, you have no choice but to wait.  It could be a while or it could happen quickly.  

Thanks all.. They mailed the letter out on 6 November and still nothing in the mail.. I had to wait the 10 business days before I could request another letter. I did that two days ago so we will see if I ever get my decision letter. I ever called to have them fax it to a work fax and still... nothing. kind of typical I imagine. We will see. I will try to keep everyone posted. Thanks for the advice. We will see if this High Level Review is worth all the delay and effort. 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@courage2 I think the date that they claim to mail it is when the person enters it into the system and sends the printed decision letter packet to the mail room. From there, hard to say how long before it actually leaves the VA system and enters USPS mail system. Should be any day now. Unfortunately, they don't send those certified mail so there's no way to tell them.

This is also another flaw in the VA system. I believe that once the letter has been "mailed" it should be able to be viewed on the VA web site. I have a feeling they will get to that point one day, but not this year.

On 11/22/2019 at 7:18 AM, courage2 said:

Thanks all.. They mailed the letter out on 6 November and still nothing in the mail.. I had to wait the 10 business days before I could request another letter. I did that two days ago so we will see if I ever get my decision letter. I ever called to have them fax it to a work fax and still... nothing. kind of typical I imagine. We will see. I will try to keep everyone posted. Thanks for the advice. We will see if this High Level Review is worth all the delay and effort. 

So my claim came back and I'm so confused on how the VA could group sleep apnea with my generalized anxiety, insomnia, and somatic symptom disorder??? Should I appeal this ? 

20191125_161348.jpg

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

What does it say in the REASONS AND BASES section? That's where the VA is supposed to explain how they came to their decision.