VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

High Level Review Closed

Rate this question

courage2

Question

I have been trying to get my Sleep Apnea service connected for months. I did a high level review from my C&P case and they just updated va.gov with a status of 

VA Identified an error that must be corrected

VA corrected an error and made a new decision

Current status is the VBA made a decision, read decision letter for more details.

It says currently on review is "Compensation Issue".

Ebenefits shows no change but should I give it another day or two before I decide that they denied my appeal? 

Thanks!

My HLR was started later July 23rd I think and is still processing. Per Peggy, its new estimated completion date is Feb 22 2020. I had all new C&P exams and they were supposed to be correcting an error. I'm already past the estimated 125 day completion date.

On 11/7/2019 at 10:10 AM, courage2 said:

I have been trying to get my Sleep Apnea service connected for months. I did a high level review from my C&P case and they just updated va.gov with a status of 

Current status is the VBA made a decision, read decision letter for more details.

Ebenefits shows no change but should I give it another day or two before I decide that they denied my appeal? 

Thanks!

Hey, what was the outcome of this? As of two days ago, i received the same letter on Ebenny. Thank you. 

On 11/7/2019 at 10:10 AM, courage2 said:

Thanks!

f

Hello All-

I have put in for PTSD since 9/2017 and appealled twice. First RAMP was denied and they put I had a drinking disorder. My Mental Doc told me to appeal and that there is no way they can turn it down after her records and they denied again but this time they denied within 30 days of entry and no C&P. The VES mental doc didnt even ask me questions after I told her that I drink nightly to sleep and not have dreams and completely cut me off and made her own decision. 

I hired an attorney who appealed with Higher Level in March 2020 and they identified an error for Failure to Assist and had an new exam done. This time it was a prior service mental doc who said he diagnosed me with PTSD and Depression. My Attorney can see the docs and said they are great for us but nothing has changed but my new claim of Right Ankle/ Left Ankle and Hip were all Approved. 

How long after the C&P does is normally take as its been 3 weeks today since the docs were loaded? 

• HadIt.com Elder

Freedom101 It is in queue and it really is going to depend on how long it get before some one picks it up. The virus still has severely messed up the VA in a lot of areas. That said, I think it should be within a couple more weeks, but no one really can predict. Depending on the amount of back pay, that also slows down big dollar settlements. Check your "letters" section on VA.gov. Sometimes there is a change in your ratings or other hints on the grant.

21 hours ago, GBArmy said:

Freedom101 It is in queue and it really is going to depend on how long it get before some one picks it up. The virus still has severely messed up the VA in a lot of areas. That said, I think it should be within a couple more weeks, but no one really can predict. Depending on the amount of back pay, that also slows down big dollar settlements. Check your "letters" section on VA.gov. Sometimes there is a change in your ratings or other hints on the grant.

Thank you, that makes sense as this appeal has gone through for 3 years already so the back pay is going to be alot. My attorney said 2 weeks on what she has seen but we will see. I will update once I get any news.