VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Update on DRO Hearing for Proposal to Remove SC...

Rate this question

Sgt. Wilky

Question

Good Evening!

I received word from my VSO the DAY BEFORE THE HEARING that the VA cancelled my hearing. I asked my VSO what happened, and he said that he knew nothing except the narrative was this: 

"In the rating decision dated June 12, 2018, we proposed to reduce your VA benefits. We have reviewed this proposal and determined that it was in error."

I had sent in at least three messages asking for clarification to their vague reasoning and no one ever answered. I had spent hundreds of dollars and countless time and energy on this case. I'm glad they left it alone for now-for no known reason. But I'm thinking of filing for an increase. I have the DBQs from my neuro and rheumatologist and several established diagnoses.

Thank you all!

Sgt. Wilky

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sgt. Wilky They have "Cued" themselves, which should be good for you. You haven't included much else to go on, so you need to wait to see. Was your hearing in response to a HLR claim you had submitted, or what? Try the usual suspects; Peggy and the White House number and see if they can offer anything. Again, not knowing what your claim/situation is, I wouldn't entertain any increase claim at least now.

Congratulations on your win!  Sure, if you think your symptoms got worse, by all means apply for an increase.  

As I have explained, whether or not you are reduced is dependent upon if your symptoms got better or not, and has nothing to do with applying for an increase.  

"Dont apply for an increase or you will be reduced, instead," is an old wives tale fabricated by lazy VSO's who want your POA but they dont want to do any work for you.  Thus, if you dont apply, appeal, or seek an increase, their workload is reduced.   

I would be like selling a hamburger, serving it raw on a bun and then saying:  

"I didnt say I would COOK the meat for you".  

Edited by broncovet