VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More Blue Water Navy info from BWN

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.oldbluewater.com/

The archives there have been of great help to many and the two new site links are there as well.

Please pass on to any Navy veterans you know, who served during the War, that if they have an AO presumptive ,and they serviced within the 12 mile limit of the coast, they will receive equitable processing as with all incountry Vietnam veterans, due to the momentous decisions that past tear ( Procopio and HR 299).

If they were denied in the past for an AO presumptive due to no 'BOG', whether that VA decision was an award for something else, or a denial for the presumptive, the decision should contain a rating, as NSC for the denied  AO presumptive ( but it might not) and that decision could potentially bring them a large retro check.

They should check here first to see if their ship is on the AO Ship's list ( but even if it isn't they should dig out their deck logs to see if their ship was within that 12 mile limit during the war.

The October 2019 ship's list is in this forum as well as link to National Archives, if they need their deck logs- because NARA has many, deck logs available,  listed by ship, at their site.

The AO ship's list ( Oct 2019) could grow even more and I will post if I get info on that.

If you know of any Blue Water Navy widow, they too should be advised of Hr 299 and Procopio.

VA said ,months ago, they would not be going through claims  files that could indicate a veteran would now potentally be considered for AO due to their BWN status- But they ARE doing that- I only hope that if the veteran's file shows they are deceased, that their spouse will be notified with the same type of letter that Navy vets are getting.

Edited by Berta
ice,snow, sleet

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 minutes ago, Berta said:

Me too------- I am trying to contact NVLSP at their email addy bluewater2019@nvlsp.org/

I dont know if that addy is working yet- I suggest that you try to contact them at that addy as wel

I am sending a copy of the info you just posted-from the VA ( ebenefits I assume?)

if their email for BWN isn't working yet- I will contact the NVLSP  lawyer there directly- 

That came from VA site on checking my claims and appeals not ebenefits

I might just call the 800 number of the VA and see what they say. They also said a letter was sent to me. I have not received yet

This is the # for NVLSP:

NVLSP’s toll-free hotline: 855-333-0677. 

Gee I said it was from e benefits- but they will need to hear from you- as to the past denial, the letter they sent re: the new BWN AO situation what you sent to them ....this is very concerning.....

NVLSP just called me and their lawyer suggested that you file  a supplemental claim , and make sure to tell them to apply Procopio and HR 299 you your evidence, (and maybe best to send that evidence in again- as to your deck logs, and as to your diagnosis.

She also said that NVLSP is working on Nehmer as we do need new Nehmer regulations- but I sure hope that does not cause a problem with the VA as these vets need full Equity, they do not need to be treated any differently from incountry vets if they have any AOs, and if there ship was within the 12 mile limit, and they were on it the day of or or any day after the dates that some ship's have , as exposed, in the A0 ship's list.

Edited by Berta

2 hours ago, Berta said:

NVLSP just called me and their lawyer suggested that you file  a supplemental claim , and make sure to tell them to apply Procopio and HR 299 you your evidence, (and maybe best to send that evidence in again- as to your deck logs, and as to your diagnosis.

She also said that NVLSP is working on Nehmer as we do need new Nehmer regulations- but I sure hope that does not cause a problem with the VA as these vets need full Equity, they do not need to be treated any differently from incountry vets if they have any AOs, and if there ship was within the 12 mile limit, and they were on it the day of or or any day after the dates that some ship's have , as exposed, in the A0 ship's list.

2 hours ago, Berta said:

That is a 20-0995 Supplemental Claim they have. I also submitted the letter the VA sent me along with my DD214, a letter that I wrote telling them of my condition the last almost 10 yrs.. NavSource Online: Service Ship Photo Archive that tell all about the USS Mount Katmai from the time it was commissioned to its Decommissioning. It also tells of all the times the ship was off coast of Vietnam and Korea.I put a map showing the ship was within 12 Nautical Miles of Vietnam on March 14 1970 and them to see ship’s log for March 1970. I also told they already have my medical records to check. HR 299 is reason they are gone to start making decisions on BWV claims on January 1 2020  I really do not see what else they would need. They say a decision would be made between 02-02-20 and 04-06-20. 

I also had ED on that 20-0995 claim as a secondary condition of Prostate Cancer. I got a letter telling me to fill out a 21-526EZ for ED which I did and sent in. They asked for a date when the disability began or worsened I put 2-10-10 the date of my Prostate operation.