• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
Tbird

Welcome RickTheServiveDog

Hello RickTheServiveDog,

ef22f391-7d46-46ca-8a9c-1bdbb8235b0c.png

We're so glad you've
joined our community

Welcome Aboard, We are happy you found us!

You've registered for an account on our VA Disability Community Forum. You will receive an email to validate your account, if you haven't received it please check your spam filter.

You've joined a volunteer community of veterans who volunteer their time to help support the community, with research, answers or just a voice of support.
Now you are one of us, read through the forum or use our search to find what you are looking for. SEARCH is located at the top above the subscription option. 
This is a public website. Do not post personal identifying information, such as real name, ssn, email address. If you upload documents make sure to blackout your personal information.

ad-free-subscription-002.png

Before posting take some time to read this email and then spend a little time reading through the forums to see how questions are asked and answered.

How to get your questions answered.

All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. You can read without registering, but if you want to post a question or join the community you must register.. Register for a free account.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery” instead of ‘I have a question’.
  2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title. As much as I want to I can't read every post and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
  3. Use paragraphs instead of one huge, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.
Leading to:
Post clear questions and then give background info on them.
Examples:
  • A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
  • I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine but claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?
  • B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
  • I was involved in traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?
This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial from your claim?” etc.
Note:
Your firsts posts on the board may be delayed before they show up, as they are reviewed, this process does not take long and the review requirement will be removed usually by the 6th post, though we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before they hit the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims and this helps us do that.

S.gif
S.gif

STAY CONNECTED
Popular Forums

Thank you for your service!
"Tbird" Theresa M. Aldrich
Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC "Leave No One Behind, Not On A Jungle Trail, Not On A Desert Trail, Not On A Paper Trail" ™