VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Partial VA disability compensation award???

Rate this question

DaWarrantENG4

Question

Howdy!,

A interesting 24 hours has seen my VA compensation claim go from gathering evidence and review to notification (awarded 80%)  and then back to gathering of evidence depending on what web site I look at. I THINK what has happened is I have what is termed a "partial award", a commitment to move forward and award me on claims that are clear cut but I also see items that are tagged as deferred (looking at e-benefits , no official explanation letter yet and the VA won't engage in dialog lol). Ironically one of my claims that is deferred is sleep apnea. That's pretty much a no brainer. I had a sleep study over a year back, was diagnosed with chronic severe OSA through referrals that my MTF put forth. I am assuming that some how what I uploaded and or lack of information presented to them from my service has brought them pause and they will shortly be looking for additional data and or a P&C eval to verify it.

So am I being presumptive that the VA did indeed award a partial with more to follow on a few other items? If that's the case then hats off to them for having some discretion in the name of service and efficiency . Second is of all things the sleep apnea is a hard one to screw up! The stuff I uploaded is very subjective like most other things. Lots of data and graphs from a high tech sleep center. Even my CPAP machine uploads to a cloud and has a back up SD card.

So any enlightenment you can shed on this I am always looking to learn something. Thanks, Matt

You are gonna need to wait for the envelope.  Its pointless to speculate on what ebenefits means when they say_______.  

One way which may help.  Check your "letters" in ebenefits.  If one of these letters says you are compensated at 80 percent, then that is likely good, because the VA does not want Veterans running around with "letters" that say they have been awarded benefits, when, in fact, they have not.  So the letters is by far the more reliable.  

But the rest of ebenefits?  Totally unreliable, inaccurate, and not up to date.  

Good morning,

Yes the letters are there and I was able to enroll yesterday for VA health care. I suspect I will see the package at the end of the week with the long weekend and will circle back with more reliable details.

Thanks for the direction. Matt

Congratulations, and even if you have private care, it doesn't hurt to enroll in VA. You can choose which provider to go to, and you can get appointments at VA or at your provider, whichever comes first. You can also set it up to share your medical information back and forth, but ive never done that. I rarely see my private provider but its good that I can If I want to. Plus, with VA, you can login to MyHealthVet and within a few days to a week or so from a visit you can see the notes from that visit (under Blue Button/Download). Really great for generating evidence to send to VA for things rather than waiting for the benefits side to request information from the health side. 

I got service connected then enrolled in the VA Healthcare.  I am using both my VA PCP and my other PCP for Co-treatments.  If I can't get into my normal PCP, I can usually get a same day appointment at my VA PCP (Small clinic, rural area).