VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Rant

Rate this question

cavscout1967

Question

My C&P examiner from MN and LHI decided to solely focus on the fact I drank and then at the end of his report wrote that MH was "not at least as likely as nott" related to military service. Thereby effectively ending my 11 year appeal with his 40 minute interview. It mattered not that I have been sober since 2011. I have been seeing the VA for both medications relating MH control and talk therapy also since 2011on a monthly basis and sometimes during crisis modes more than that. It didn't matter that I am rated 70% for conditions other than MH and witnessed accidents in training and provided proof via buddy letters and newspaper articles. None of that stuff was related according to this LHI guy here in MN.

I didn't matter that I needed A WAIVER TO EVEN GET INTO THE MILITARY. A MENTAL HEALTH WAIVER! which is documented in my records and in my claim. Nothing I did as a cavalry scout possibly affected me. Not the Shoulder dislocation that happened in service, not the broken ankle and broken leg that happened in service with 3 steel plates and 7 screws. Not that accident that killed several people right in front of me during a night exercise.

All that is documented right in my C file but they are going to listen to this LHI guy and gave me an unfavorable report. Things like this is why you read about veterans in the news. THE VA. THE DESTROYER  OF LIVES. My rep at the American Legion said that if I have no additional evidence to just let the board decide it as the remand is complete with the LHI C&P for mental health.

Hopeless and depressed and get to just take it as usual.

Edited by cavscout1967
MORE INFO FOR RESPONDERS

As a follow up under the presumption of soundness rule you can also argue that the military took you in with a documented pre existing MH condition and that your military service (Vietnam????) aggravated or worsen your pre existing MH condition.  If you served as a combat scout in Nam and have the CIB, PH, etc and other proof of combat such as valor awards, unit orders, ops reports, etc. etc. then this should also help you to service connect your MH condition in spite of C&P examiners report.  I was able to overcome a negative C&P examiners report and medical treatment notes from 1985 to 91 that stated I was mostly an episodic alcoholic.  An experienced motivated VSO should make these type of arguments for you on your claim/appeal.  I am not an attorney, VSO or paralegal.