VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Voc rehab counselor wants me to apply for SSDI

Rate this question

Fearless

Question

I'm rated 100% for MDD non p&t. I have a letter from my voc rehab counselor stating that I can not work. I also have a letter from my psychiatrist and social worker stating that I can not work. What are the odds that I get approve?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
On 11/12/2019 at 8:08 AM, Fearless said:

So I should look for a lawyer that specializes in SSDI?

Yes sir. But they cant take it until you have a denial in hand.

Yes' all of that and all of the above/ ive heard many stories about ssa 'SSDI' some good and most difficult. And it all depends on the Judge and the Vocational expert how they see your records and can they find you doing a job of a ampule sealer(basically if they can find a job you can do then denied!) You can have ime, dbq's letter from cogressman you name it, what matters is your record has to be consistent to what you claim and any bumps in the road then the train stops. One very very important thing and that is get a lawyer if you don't know the law or don't want to know it very well. And find out what the EOL is like.. the end of life of your insurance with SSA ' yes when you apply for SSDI" if this is what your doing, from the time you submit that application you have 5 years and five years only before it expires and if your not approved by that time is up then there is no more left.