VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Radiculopathy / Proven by EMG testing?

Rate this question

rk4435

Question

About one year ago I was being reevaluated for a low back rating.  The end result was that my Radiculapothy of the Left leg rating was reduced to 0%

I had EMG nerve testing done and it states " This is an abnormal study.  There is Electrophysiolic evidence of a of a chronic Left L4-L5 Radiculapothy."  But then later in the paragraph is says there is "no...Left Lumbosacral Flexopathy, Left Sciatic Neuropathy or Left Peroneal Neuropathy."

I've googled this to death and cannot come to a conclusion if it proves my left leg issue is from my spinal condition.  My symptoms in my left leg are numbness that becomes worse and painful after standing for ten or so minutes.  Those symptoms also occur when I walk distances that are not terribly far, like maybe about a football field length or a little less.  My left foot does not always go exactly when I intend to and my leg has given out several times and has caused some falls.  One bad one a couple of weeks ago.

Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 9.08.27 PM.png

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

2 answers to this question

It sounds like you need to get someone who can read this report and translate it down to a rater's level.  Can you scan and post your denial, after redacting personal information?

22 hours ago, vetquest said:

It sounds like you need to get someone who can read this report and translate it down to a rater's level.  Can you scan and post your denial, after redacting personal information?

I was being reevaluated for my back rating.  The NP never asked about any symptoms beyond my back pain and I was too dumb to point it out.  It was reduced from 10% to 0%. 

I reeval soon and the wording is pretty confusing to me.  I tend to think it was reduced because I did not make a point of it.  But the wording has me really confused because I do have a serious problem with my left leg that stems from my lower back rating, but it mentions "paralysis" of a nerve.  A numb leg and pissing myself seem severe enough.

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 9.35.13 PM.png