DRO & duty to assist action

70%&sfsystem

Question

Good morning everyone I have currently been in a notice of disagreement for going on a little over three years with a higher level review DRO.

The DRO contacted me in March of this year 2019 and stated that he is denying three of my claims but found a duty to assist on my fourth and fifth claim  that he was going back to the PA to have her fix I watched my health vet  that had a negative DBQ from that PA then she basically deleted it and re-wrote in favor more likely than not 50% service-connected that was completed in July of this year I have both of her DB cues the negative and the positive I’m at the eight month mark And have been told that it’s ready for a rating for the last three months still waiting does anybody else have this problem Indianapolis?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

You've been at NOD for almost three years...The DRO is denying three of your contentions and the examiner is fudging the DBQ?  First question is do you have a VSO or a Lawyer?  Your Claims; are they 1. Connected to an injury or illness from your Service?  2. Are they disabling you now?  3. Is there a Nexus that connects your current disabilities to what happened in Service?

It looks to me as though you need evidence.  Yes, the RO has a duty to assist, but you have to know your file.  Did you request your C-File?  You must get this and go through it very carefully.  What happened in Service should be in your medical records.  Then you need an Expert Medical Opinion obtained by a Doctor that what happened in Service is disabling you now.  You'll also need the Nexus.  Never, ever settle for less than you are entitled to.

If you don't have a Lawyer; get one.  20% of Retro is better than you getting nothing.  Medical Evidence is the biggest and most important aspect of your Claim.  If a Lawyer believes that you have a legitimate claim, then you'll probably wait on the DRO Review and request a Hearing with the DRO.  If that is unsuccessful then you'll choose a lane in the new Appeals system.