VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DRO & duty to assist action

Rate this question

70%&sfsystem

Question

Good morning everyone I have currently been in a notice of disagreement for going on a little over three years with a higher level review DRO.

The DRO contacted me in March of this year 2019 and stated that he is denying three of my claims but found a duty to assist on my fourth and fifth claim  that he was going back to the PA to have her fix I watched my health vet  that had a negative DBQ from that PA then she basically deleted it and re-wrote in favor more likely than not 50% service-connected that was completed in July of this year I have both of her DB cues the negative and the positive I’m at the eight month mark And have been told that it’s ready for a rating for the last three months still waiting does anybody else have this problem Indianapolis?

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not from Indianpolis but  if they made a decision and its been 3 months and you have not recived a packet in the mail or any communication from the VA  call IRIS AND MAKE A STATUS INQUIRY   ask them what is going on .

They are telling me it’s waiting on a rating so I assume it’s just sitting there I was under the impression of DRO review or higher level review was 3 to 5 months I’m now at eight months and still waiting every time I call they say it’s waiting for a rating

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
40 minutes ago, 70%&sfsystem said:

They are telling me it’s waiting on a rating so I assume it’s just sitting there I was under the impression of DRO review or higher level review was 3 to 5 months I’m now at eight months and still waiting every time I call they say it’s waiting for a rating

That's still a long time to wait for a rating. If your DRO was under the old system, the new timelines for HLR may not necessarily apply.

Did you use a VSO like AmVets, American Legion, VFW, or DAV? If so, they may be able to look in the VA system and tell you more specific details than what you can get from the web sites or calling 1-800-827-1000.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
1 hour ago, paulstrgn said:

You may want to call the White House hot line and see if they can get you an answer. There number is 855-948-2311

@70%&sfsystem just keep in mind that if you do call the WH hotline, they will not be able to tell you anything directly. What they will do is refer the issue out to someone in the VBA who will look into it and contact you (just like the IRIS complaint) to hopefully help you out. It never hurts to explore things from more than one angle.

Thanks everyone for their answers and advise and yes Ido have a VSO American legion but unfortunately I still have to manage to work and call times are mornings only almost impossible to talk with him.

I am gonna try to get ahold of him tomorrow but u have to call right at 0730 eastern OR call list fills and never get on his list sucks!

The worst thing I’m going through is that I’m stuck in limbo I can’t file on my other things I can’t add nothing I can’t do anything basically my hands are tied, this is complete wearing on me mentally Not to mention I’ve been out of the service since 95 was six service-connected disabilities and then thrown to the wayside as a young adult with no knowledge of how what or when by the VA  now that I’m middle-aged my service-connected disabilities Have gotten so severe that I have multiple secondaries until I came across by chance a VSO in my county that helped me out back in 15 I’d still be at a loss and left at the wayside forgotten about now that I’ve been back in the system And have a 80% rating the VA now is trying to drop two of my ratings because I feel that this DRO rview is going to put me at 100% or really close  in a way to just keep us down and out and causing worse injuries by forcing ourselves to do what we have to as humans to survive in the workforce that you can’t really physically do anymore sucks all the way around!