VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DRO & duty to assist action

Rate this question

70%&sfsystem

Question

Good morning everyone I have currently been in a notice of disagreement for going on a little over three years with a higher level review DRO.

The DRO contacted me in March of this year 2019 and stated that he is denying three of my claims but found a duty to assist on my fourth and fifth claim  that he was going back to the PA to have her fix I watched my health vet  that had a negative DBQ from that PA then she basically deleted it and re-wrote in favor more likely than not 50% service-connected that was completed in July of this year I have both of her DB cues the negative and the positive I’m at the eight month mark And have been told that it’s ready for a rating for the last three months still waiting does anybody else have this problem Indianapolis?

OK everyone thanks for all the advice I need your help I called VSO complained about length of time on Wednesday of this week today I checked my E benefits and my ratings are in for my ankles that they were denying me 10% for each bilateral which makes 21% I was originally 80% now they’re still saying I’m 80% 

I’m 50% pes planus 30% migraine headaches 20% lumbar 10% tinnitus and now bilateral 21% so 10% left and right ankle Can someone else please do the math because I come up with 86% which makes me 90 what am I missing please help and thank you

On 11/14/2019 at 4:44 PM, 70%&sfsystem said:

OK everyone thanks for all the advice I need your help I called VSO complained about length of time on Wednesday of this week today I checked my E benefits and my ratings are in for my ankles that they were denying me 10% for each bilateral which makes 21% I was originally 80% now they’re still saying I’m 80% 

I’m 50% pes planus 30% migraine headaches 20% lumbar 10% tinnitus and now bilateral 21% so 10% left and right ankle Can someone else please do the math because I come up with 86% which makes me 90 what am I missing please help and thank you

VA Math:

Bilateral Conditions
   - Right Ankle   10%
   - Left Ankle     10%
                             19% + ~10% Bilateral Factor 1.9% = 20.9 Rounded to 21%

Single Conditions                          Rating Table Result
  - Pes Planus            50%
  - Migrain                  30%                       65% (this is 50% Pes Planus +30% Migrain)
  - Bilaterals Above   20%                       72% (This is 65%+20% Bilateral conditions)
  - Lumbar                  20%                       77% (This is 72% + 20% Lumbar)
  - Tinitus                    10%                       79% (This is 72% + 10% Tinitus)
                                                                   80% Overall Rating because everything is rounded up or down from 5 (e.g. 71-74 = 70% and 75-79 = 80%)

See tables (https://www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/rates-index.asp)