VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lost 50% Got it Back but different effecive date

Rate this question

vietvet

Question

My friend had lost his 50% rating for failing to appear at a random hearing for his PTSD.

Now 9 months later he has ben reinstated and is set to receive back the 50%. (letter has been received).

He was hoping that he would get retro back to the date they knocked him to 0%. He will not.

Any thoughts how retro is given? Thanks for taking the time!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Sounds like he didnt pay attention to his mail for this appointment. I put all my medical private and VA appointments into my phone's calendar bc one less thing to remember if it was wednesday or on thursday. 

Once I was sent a letter saying I was dead and they stopped payment on me, because the RO made a typo. I went straight to my congressman's office and said this is a typo, I'm alive heres a copy of my ID. 

Likely not because he didn't kept on the VA (random or scheduled) checks to see if he's better or not to drop him.

• HadIt.com Elder

There used to be regulations found at title 38 code of federal regulations 3.343 and 3.344 concerning illegal reduction.  Get some help from the veteran's POA.  If the veteran doesn't have an appointed POA,  see if a representative from DAV can help determine if this was an illegal reduction.