VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep apnea secondary to Fibromyalgia

Rate this question

PEACHES1962

Question

I was surprised sleep apnea could be a secondary condition connected to fibromyalgia.  I just had a C&P exam and it looks like a favorable outcome. I have attached the documents. This might be helpful to someone.

Sleep Apnea DBQ.pdf Medical Opinion DBQ (Secondary Service Connection).pdf

Edited by PEACHES1962
could see personal information

I have a new mask style that I am using after I tried full face masks and nasal masks to no avail.  It is called Resmed Airfit F30 cushion that comes with special headgear.  I was suffering from a lot of seal leaks and they could not adjust my air pressure before this new mask.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes I agree with Vetquest..if you or any of you guys /gals reading this  if you have problems with your mask not fitting or is uncomfortable   check with your Sleep Clinic...they can adjust the pressure and find you a mask that is suitable for you to use ,  the main thing about this post is not so much the ratings we get for compensation   its about saving your life. period.

12 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Paul Vync is correct about those VA Prescribe  C-pap machines do have a memory card in them and after 30 days if one being issued the Vet is suppose to bring the machine in so the Sleep Clinic Dr can check how many Apneas he/she had within those 30 days , this is also when the can tell how many hours the Veteran has used the machine

This I understand, but I see it as being required for the SA. It does not say the veteran must use it (now it would be stupid not to), I think is what would happen is the VA would stop issueing CPAP machine and the supplies.

I have hypertension if I am stupid enough not to use my meds I would still have the same rating. I might die quickly from not using them, but it is not a requirement.

My last C-PAP I got through tricare which means I had a small co-pay, my last sleep study was last year. My doctor on base said I should have a a sleepstudy every few years.  

I need to get a PCM at the VA so I can get referred to sleep medicine, I would like it if I could at least get my supplies through them. It is such a hassle to get a PCM with the VA, I have been waiting for a week for them to call me back. It will probably be a civilian PCM which is fine with me, I just need my paperwork forwarded to get my supplies and possibly a new CPAP machine.

50 minutes ago, Vync said:

I found it helpful to do a saline nasal rinse and taking tylenol and a muscle relaxer nightly before bed.

I will try thesaline nasal rinse to see if that will help. 

51 minutes ago, Vync said:

I got one made and it made a big difference. I chewed through the first two and they made me an extra thick one.

I am hoping that either with the device or a combo of the device with the CPAP machine I will be good to go. 

• HadIt.com Elder
19 hours ago, vetquest said:

I have a new mask style that I am using after I tried full face masks and nasal masks to no avail.  It is called Resmed Airfit F30 cushion that comes with special headgear.  I was suffering from a lot of seal leaks and they could not adjust my air pressure before this new mask.

Vetquest  is this a full mask that fits over mouth and nose? Was this  from the VA? or Private? 

what does it look like ? can you describe it a little better?  is this the mask that has the air hose that fits around the head and has the Nostril Fit?