VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

increase

Rate this question

Steve Kramer

Question

4 answers to this question

• Lead Moderator

Hearing problems are rated under the VA Schedule of Ratings Disabilities in Section 4.87, diagnostic codes 6200 to 6260. Common hearing issues for veterans include hearing loss and tinnitus. Other ear disabilities include:

• cancer, entitled to a 100% rating for six months following termination of cancer treatment
  • peripheral vestibular disorders (inner ear problem leading to dizziness), rated at 10% for occasional dizziness or 30% when you have dizziness and sometimes stagger
  • loss of one or both ears (auricles), rated at 30% for loss of one ear or 50% for loss of both, and
  • perforated eardrum (the only available rating is 0%).

• HadIt.com Elder
12 hours ago, Steve Kramer said:

Hi,

At this point in time I am receiving 10% for hearing loss. Hearing loss from flight deck and other aircraft sounds.

I have just gotten a new hearing test. Hearing has gotten worse.

Can I get an increase in Benefits from 10% to 30?

Yes you can, I went from 0% S.C. TO 50%S.C. after I was denied and NOD ask for increase....got the 50%   if you get a rater that can READ.

Now obviously the hearing test numbers need to show your hearing loss levels And meet the hearing loss special ratings table criteria

• HadIt.com Elder

Also if you have a ringing or buzz  humm sounds in your head   you need to let the Audiologist know this 

That is known as we know it today as Tinnitus  and there actually is no test for it,   you need to let the Dr Know you have that and its of constant sounds never goes away and very worse at night after going to bed

The Tinnitus is 10% rating for both ears.