VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Spent yesterday afternoon in the ER

Rate this question

ShrekTheTank

Question

• Lead Moderator

After an abnormal CT scan last week, this week my head was still pounding and my vision started to lose focus and went blurry and just strange crap.  

Anyway after 3 neurologists looked at me and a lumbar puncture they decided to put me on a beta blocker.  Said I have tension headaches combined with migraine and maybe cluster headaches onto of it.

I just got rated for headaches at the end of last year.  Is this enough to warrant a higher rating?  I am assuming they will not get better as I have yet to have anything go away.

Should I wait it out and see what happens?  

Sherk I am sorry you needed to go to the ER, I pray you get better quickly.

3 hours ago, shrekthetank1 said:

Should I wait it out and see what happens?

If you are referring to filing for an increase I would go ahead and file it now. I would submit all the doctors notes that relate to this. You may need an IMO to get the increase.

Good luck and hope you get better.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Man that stinks. Hope you get some relief soon.

Since you were SC already, you just need to provide evidence showing you qualify for a higher rating. 

@shrekthetank1, I have migraines and cluster headaches since a heat injury in 1986.  The symptoms were originally just pain for about ten years and then the pain mostly went away until about 2003 or so.  It started again when I went blind at work.  My wife took me to the emergency room and they diagnosed basilar migraines.  I went on beta blockers and Depakote, a nasty drug with many side effects.  I hope that you do not have to start taking the heavy drugs.  If you can get into a civilian doctor they might be able to get you Amovig.  I have been seeing a neurologist for a year through the VA referral program and still cannot get Amovig through the VA.

I have a lot of strange symptoms, I can get to a state where you would swear that I am drunk.  That and the vision problems are my most prominent symptoms aside for pain that makes me cry and throw up. 

• Lead Moderator
1 hour ago, vetquest said:

@shrekthetank1, I have migraines and cluster headaches since a heat injury in 1986.  The symptoms were originally just pain for about ten years and then the pain mostly went away until about 2003 or so.  It started again when I went blind at work.  My wife took me to the emergency room and they diagnosed basilar migraines.  I went on beta blockers and Depakote, a nasty drug with many side effects.  I hope that you do not have to start taking the heavy drugs.  If you can get into a civilian doctor they might be able to get you Amovig.  I have been seeing a neurologist for a year through the VA referral program and still cannot get Amovig through the VA.

I have a lot of strange symptoms, I can get to a state where you would swear that I am drunk.  That and the vision problems are my most prominent symptoms aside for pain that makes me cry and throw up. 

Yep they put me on the beta blocker this morning. Luckily I saw the med center doctors her, which is the best neurologists in Omaha. I told them I only want to see them. 

The drug they gave me is more for blood pressure but works very well for this. So since I have high blood pressure it was a win win. 

I got to the throw up part today and wow that is horrible.  I am so sorry have gone through this. I will ask about the other drug. 

Ty

1 hour ago, shrekthetank1 said:

I got to the throw up part today and wow that is horrible.  I am so sorry have gone through this. I will ask about the other drug.

wow...that is so tough...i pray they find the right meds for you...ones that don't upset your stomach. 

Hang in there it will all be a bad memory soon.

You have to distinguish the headaches apart. For instance, are you having a normal headache because of front sinus or not drinking water and staying hydrate. Water balance is very important and lack of it is why we have so many sores and aches. Do you have oral/jar issues?

edit - typo; jaw not jar

Edited by Oceanbound