VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

If Training Letter or Fast Letter is here does that mean it still applies

Just curious if FL-10-35 is still in effect. I have not seen any recent comment and just wanted to make sure if I reference it, I won't get slapped by the VA for using outdated info.

Thanks in Advance

• HadIt.com Elder

ROMAD Yes FL-10-35 still applies. It is used to consider s-c for hearing loss or tinnitus if there is no documented event in your str's/records. If you claim, look up your duty MOS by branch and see if it was classified as "probable" or "moderate". If so, it is supposed to be enough to establish s-c. Note though, that even if is classified as "mild", it isn't a slam dunk against you. If you were cross-trained to a "noisy" mos, you can get the s-c. You provide a written statement, and it can be used as evidence. It does on occasion sometimes work; it did for me for both hearing loss and tinnitus. Good luck.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Rule of thumb for fast letters: They are in effect until either superceded or rescinded, unless they include an expiration date. Always a good idea to double-check regardless of the fast letter.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use