If Training Letter or Fast Letter is here does that mean it still applies

Just curious if FL-10-35 is still in effect. I have not seen any recent comment and just wanted to make sure if I reference it, I won't get slapped by the VA for using outdated info.

Thanks in Advance

ROMAD Yes FL-10-35 still applies. It is used to consider s-c for hearing loss or tinnitus if there is no documented event in your str's/records. If you claim, look up your duty MOS by branch and see if it was classified as "probable" or "moderate". If so, it is supposed to be enough to establish s-c. Note though, that even if is classified as "mild", it isn't a slam dunk against you. If you were cross-trained to a "noisy" mos, you can get the s-c. You provide a written statement, and it can be used as evidence. It does on occasion sometimes work; it did for me for both hearing loss and tinnitus. Good luck.

• Like 1

• HadIt.com Elder

Rule of thumb for fast letters: They are in effect until either superceded or rescinded, unless they include an expiration date. Always a good idea to double-check regardless of the fast letter.

• Like 1

• Ads

• Ads

• Ads

• Our picks

• Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News
  • veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines