VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Higher Level Review works

Rate this topic

gunner1

Just wanted to thank everyone on this site, I have been a long time reader and don't post much.  As of yesterday my higher level review I submitted in July closed out.  I went from 90% to 100% P/T, I have been back and fourth with the VA since 2016 on this issue.  The best thing I have learned from everyone here is to get as much evidence as possible and to get Lay statements if possible, it pays off in the end.  I was very optimistic if the higher level review works but it did for me.  Don't let the VA get you down keep fighting for what is right.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations! That is a huge win! You are indeed correct that evidence, including lay statements, makes a difference.

How long did the entire HLR process take for you?

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
24 minutes ago, El Train said:

Did they call you?  Any follow up? C&P?  Letters?  I'm going through one now.  Just started.  I believe I have the evidence on my side.

Thanks.

On the VBA-21-0958 form, section III, they ask if you would like to be contacted by telephone. If you checked that box and provided the details, they are supposed to call you. I included a screenshot of their call back policy (from the instructions on the same form):

image.thumb.png.4739ec9347c60de53696cdf0febbd939.png

On my CUE sent in late Sep 2019, I used the HLR form and another form, but on the HLR form I opted to get a call. Still waiting to get a call, but I'm monitoring the status on va.gov and calling weekly to check on it.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use