VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Higher Level Review works

Rate this topic

gunner1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2019 at 4:17 PM, El Train said:

Did they call you?  Any follow up? C&P?  Letters?  I'm going through one now.  Just started.  I believe I have the evidence on my side.

Thanks.

If you requested it, they will call you to discuss your higher level review. It typically takes a month or so for that phone call. Make very sure you are 100% prepared for that phone call with your arguments and exact information that you believe was missed.

If they find any issues with your higher level review they will send you for more exams. I was sent for six different exams.

Edited by Kuwaitin08
Typo

16 hours ago, Kuwaitin08 said:

If you requested it, they will call you to discuss your higher level review. It typically takes a month or so for that phone call. Make very sure you are 100% prepared for that phone call with your arguments and exact information that you believe was missed.

If they find any issues with your higher level review they will send you for more exams. I was sent for six different exams.

Just got the phone call last Friday.  I pointed out the missed evidence by the VA C&P examiner and the solid IME I got from an MD linking everything together.  Probably still get denied, but worth a shot.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone received a HLR informal conference as of late? Given the recent pandemic concerns just wondering if this is slowing down the HLR process. I submitted HLR request (for one disability item) on January 31 and I have not received a call for the informal conference (I did request). My claim has been in the Ready for Decision phase for about 30 days. I have been prepared for my 10 minutes for a very long time. Thinking it may be closer to the 126 to get a conference. Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in the HLR process now.  They flatly denied my original claim without using my DBQs I sent in and in the denial letter, they never mentioned the DBQs either.  I'm in about day 70 so far.  Yesterday the VSO said the status is "ready for a decision"

This is my first time really dealing with this.  When I got out of the Navy in 2002, about 6 months later I got a letter saying I was 40% rated and I'd get X dollars per month.  I never did a thing.  I realized that the DAV officer that reviewed my medical records must have submitted on my behalf.

Now, I'm going after an increase with secondary issues.  Finger crossed as now I feel like they might simply deny it all again.

3 hours ago, GoNavy1775 said:

I'm in the HLR process now.  They flatly denied my original claim without using my DBQs I sent in and in the denial letter, they never mentioned the DBQs either.  I'm in about day 70 so far.  Yesterday the VSO said the status is "ready for a decision"

This is my first time really dealing with this.  When I got out of the Navy in 2002, about 6 months later I got a letter saying I was 40% rated and I'd get X dollars per month.  I never did a thing.  I realized that the DAV officer that reviewed my medical records must have submitted on my behalf.

Now, I'm going after an increase with secondary issues.  Finger crossed as now I feel like they might simply deny it all again.

Well, if you do get denied again, I would seek representation from a well-known law firm. Depending on how strong your claim is, you might get a law firm that would upfront the cost of an IMO, which you would pay back from your retro.

More often than not, claims are won at the BVA level in my opinion. At least at the BVA, a veterans law judge (VLJ) will look at all of your evidence in your C-file.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use