VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Higher Level Review works

Rate this topic

gunner1

• HadIt.com Elder

Well if you get a BBE  OR Some of them are white now

but it should have the addressed of the R.O. THAT WORKED YOUR CLAIM  this R.O. will resend it to your projected R.O...An Unofficial letter will be sent to the Veteran from his VSO or The organization (DAV) ect,,,ect,,,he used to for help with his claim to update the veterans status of award or denial.

This is the way they did my last claim in 2015 using the old legacy system...  The New AMA system was not in effect yet  with these Supplemental claims or the HLR's they went into effect Feb 2019.

and I agree with you all transaction Claims process will be sent to the Janesville Wi  Claims  processing Intake Center for further processing.

but they still can outsource the claim if they can't get to it in a timely manner.

16 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Well if you get a BBE  OR Some of them are white now

but it should have the addressed of the R.O. THAT WORKED YOUR CLAIM  this R.O. will resend it to your projected R.O...An Unofficial letter will be sent to the Veteran from his VSO or The organization (DAV) ect,,,ect,,,he used to for help with his claim to update the veterans status of award or denial.

This is the way they did my last claim in 2015 using the old legacy system...  The New AMA system was not in effect yet  with these Supplemental claims or the HLR's they went into effect Feb 2019.

and I agree with you all transaction Claims process will be sent to the Janesville Wi  Claims  processing Intake Center for further processing.

but they still can outsource the claim if they can't get to it in a timely manner.

They are smaller, white envelopes now and they come from the Evidence Intake Center In Janesville, WI. At least that’s where all of mine come from.  There’s no mention of an RO anywhere in my award or denial letters I’ve received over the last 2-3 years. 

Janesville is just a big warehouse where than scan in documents to VBMS. 

Edited by deedub75

• HadIt.com Elder

YES This must be a part of the change over to AMA.  IF .IT JUST HAS YOUR AWARD ONLY ? it don't say what R.O. Aduciated it? ..if it don't it sure should have '' What We Decided''And the adjudicator's Name or Initials ?

• 1 month later...

Had my informal interview today, after like 6-years of nonsense. Spoke with a super nice gentleman by the name of Sky. I stated my case and he stated he totally understood and will be going through my claim as he hadn't done that yet; wanted to hear from me before he checked it out, stated he wanted to know what to look for. Fingers crossed. ~EO2(SCW) Marsh

Edited by EO2(SCW) Marsh

• 1 year later...

I have a disability that was denied. My condition is sleep apnea. However, I requested a upper level review. Turns out the reviewers found a error called  “duty to assist”. When I first found this out, I was very optimistic things would go my way. But, this error that the VA is correcting is taking a very long time. The duty to assist error was discovered in June of last year I believe. Nevertheless, I have not received any new news regarding this claim. I check e-benefits everyday, and it states the process will take about 5 months. It’s been almost a year since the VA discovered this error. Does this mean their findings are unfavorable for me? I don’t know what to think. My optimism has turned into pessimism and depression. Can anyone tell me what all this means?

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Deetrain Welcome to Hadit. The process takes too long most of the time, and Covid just compounds the delay. You need someone to look at VBMS and see what's going on. If you have a VSO, ask them to look. If you don't have one, or a claims agent or lawyer, you need someone to get some intel. Have you called "Peggy" 800-827-1000? They may shed some light as to the reason for delay? You could put in an IRIS inquiry, which is located on the va.gov  website. Get your response in writing. Last resort would be call your Congressman and get him/her involved. This option usually takes a while also. The amount of time taken in the delay doesn't mean good or bad regarding your claim; it just is a by-product of the process. Duty to assist means the VA found an error in their process that they need to consider. That's all. Start shaking the VA tree.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use