VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gulf War Syndrome question

Rate this question

ed33

Question

Hi Everyone,

I've got a quick question about Gulf War Syndrome. I just recently found out that the Gulf War syndrome applies to veterans of OIF/OEF, not just Operation Desert Shield/Storm. So I am 36 years old and am up to 11 Skin cancer spots and counting. The definition for GW presumptive conditions states "undiagnosed illnesses" to include skin conditions. So my question is would Basal cell carcinoma cancer count as "undiagnosed" since technically it is diagnosed as such? Or are they only referring to skin conditions that they don't know exactly what they are?

Thanks for the help

• Lead Moderator

Ok so you are on the right track.  Don't focus on the undiagnosed illness.  All this is, is a blanket to cover all the crap they don't want to be to specific, but also to confuse you a bit.  Just because you have a diagnosis, now you need to show how it is connected to your time in service.  A IMO from a doctor to show at least likely as not it could be from your time in service.  

My issue was I did not have a name for mine then I found one.  It then took the BVA to link them together and then to sort it out.  

https://www.attigsteel.com/

The law firm above does a great blog for vets and they are taking on more clients!  

The part you can do right now is to get a doctor to connect your condition to your time in service.  It could be in your medical records?  Do you have them?  If not get them!

Like I said before let us see the denial minus your info so we can see why they denied it.  

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
1 hour ago, shrekthetank1 said:

Also Lay statements really help here to SC your conditions!

Indeed! I had a bad motor vehicle accident while in the service. I had a 50/50 IMO, but buddy letters helped tie it all together.