VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea grouped with Mental disorder???

Rate this question

courage2

Question

I have always been service connected for Generalized Anxiety disorder with Insomnia and Somatic Symptom Disorder. The VA grouped 3 seperate claims as one pretty much. 

I filed a new claim for sleep apnea secondary to my lower back which pretty much has not allowed me to continue a consistent workout routine which has led to my obesity and making my sleep apnea severe. My claim for sleep apnea came back and it looks like they grouped Sleep Apnea with the other 3 claims for somatic symptom, generalized anxiety, and insomnia. 

My question for the group is this something I should appeal? Seems like the VA is trying to group more of my disabilities into one claim this reducing my rating.

What are your thoughts ? 

20191125_161348.jpg

Edited by courage2
Picture insert

53 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

You quoted above

''I did do a seperate claim for Sleep Apnea secondary to my lower back.''

''I did not file Sleep Apnea secondary to my MH conditions ''

which is it?  are you sure its not the secondary conditions to your MH Conditions?

CAN YOU PUT A REDACTED COPY OF THE VA REASON AND BASES OF THEIR DECISION?(BLACK OUT PERSONAL INFO)

We can only assume you did have a sleep study   private or VA. Other wise you would have been denied on the S.A.

IF WE KNOW WHY THEY RATING YOU TO ''INCLUDE THE SLEEP APNEA CLAIM .... THAT WILL HELP US. HELP YOU.

WE NEED TO KNOW WHY THEY MADE THIS DECISION? TO INCLUDE THE S.A  if you specifically filed a claim  SEPARATE for the S.A  as secondary to an already service connected condition.

Have you tried to call IRIS and ask how or why the included the SLEEP APNEA CLAIM? or the status of this claim.

one more thing? did you or did a VSO file this sleep apnea claim? if a VSO filed this  you need to check with him/her if it was filed seperate.

if it was not  then the VA decision was to include it with your MH Conditions   ''that's how they screw up trying to maximize our ratings''

Thanks Buck, I will get a screen shot of that updated later tonight. When you say IRIS, is this the 1-800 VA#?..

Also I responded about this but the OSA was actually filed secondary to my lower back, and somatic symptom. So im assuming the VA saw this and quickly grouped with the mental health conditions. 

My question now, should I even go through the 3-4 month appeal process or just file a new claim with OSA secondary to my lower back. 

Yup. That's why you don't want to get too specific filing. They can only rate what you claim so if you get specific without knowing for sure if the two are connected You can get denied on rationale. It happened to me for osa too, I had to appeal but it was my own fault.