VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New mission act & Community Care/Tri West???

Rate this topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

If this is your first time getting setup with a provider, either your initial provider or a referred provider, it can take a couple of extra weeks for them to get everything setup.

Once approved, you'll only be approved for the kinds of treatments allowed by the VA. Ironically, after a few weeks of being in therapy TriWest will send you the list. You can call and they will tell you the details. 

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet,No Tri west needs to send the paper work to my private Dr  so they can start my treatment  I been approved  from VA and Tri West...Tri west is dragging their feet in processing this consult.   if Tri west would send my private Dr the paper work  to include the Approval  I could start treatments.  but  Tri West will not cooperate with my private Dr.  the Physical therapy Center.

it boils down to my private Dr physical Therapy center wants confirmation they will pay the bill.  and I don't blame them for that.  before they start the treatment.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Vync  no I used Tri West  before on some dental work at a private dentist.

I am in their (Tri West System)

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Vync quoted

''Once approved, you'll only be approved for the kinds of treatments allowed by the VA. Ironically, after a few weeks of being in therapy TriWest will send you the list. You can call and they will tell you the details''. 

Yes I have been approved and a list has been sent  the Dr I chose is on the list , there should not be a problem with Tri West sending the paper work  my private Dr has ask for and also confirmation on the health care approval...this has been going on now for almost 2 months  I am running out of time  for the care I need to fix my hand  other wise surgery is the only other way to fix it.  which I am trying to avoid. 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I had the same problem. I called TriWest and they had the approval, so they asked me to get the fax number to my doctor's office. I got it and called TriWest. They faxed it over and I was able to see the doc the next day.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well Finally Tri West called this Morning (11-27/19) to set up the appointments..I had to let the Tri West clerk speak to the wife I can't hear well enough to talk on the phone using headphones...Anyway my wife told Tri West  to call the Dr office I will be using and the girl said she would   the Dr's office should be calling me back.so now wait and see? so for nothing.

Thanks everyone for your input.