VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CPAP Cleaner

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

Has any one ever used the Sleep8 CPAP Cleaner for cleaning their CPAP equipment? I know there are a couple out there but I was wondering about this one.

I am trying to figure out which type is best to use, as those that use CPAP machines knows we need to clean the hoses on a regular basis.

Thanks in advance for any and all information

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I have seen ads for it, but I just clean mine with dishwashing liquid and let it air dry. I put the reservoir in the dishwasher though (they said the new one can go in there).

• HadIt.com Elder

Paul  don't waist your $$ on these C-Pap cleaners.  THEY TOO NEED TO BE CLEANED AND MORE SO THAT THE C-PAP.

just clean your machine and mask/hoses yourself  its eazy.

I clean the machine 2 times weekly  Mon & Fridays and replace the machine filters weekly  

WASH OUT YOUR BATHROOM  SINK WITH THE HOTTEST WATER POSSIBLE & RINSE GOOD.

for cleaning purposes only buy the cheaper mouth wash  I just use the Wal-mart Brand mouth wash  to clean my machine and equip.

In the Mornings

fill the sink up with warm water, put a cup full of the cheap mouthwash in the water, place your hose in the sink coil around press downward making sure the hose is full  then place your mask in the water face down.

LEAVE  IT IN THE SINK FOR A FEW HOURS  SAY UNTIL NOON...THEN TAKE IT OUT EMPTY THE HOSE AND MASK...RUN WARM WATER BACK THOUGH THE HOSE AND RINSE OUT THE MASK  HANG UP LET IT DRIP DRY...A FEW HOURS AND THEN GO PUT IT BACK BY YOUR BED AND  THAT SHOULD BE GERM FREE AND ALSO A PLEASANT ORDER FROM THE MOUTH WASH.

..YOU CAN PUT A COUPLE ICE CUBS IN YOUR WATER, YOU DO NEED TO USE DISTILL WATER ONLY  AND FREZZ THE DISTILLED WATER IN  ICE TRAYS  SO IT WILL MATCH THE WATER YOU USE IN YOUR MACHINE..

.IT MAYBE A HASSLE AT FIRST BUT AFTER YOU GET USE TO IT   IT IS FAIRLY EASY TO DO AND THRIFTY.

Edited by Buck52

Thank you Vync for your feedback. I am looking at something that makes it easier to clean (I seem to forget to clean it as often as I should). I am not sure if my reservoir is dishwasher safe or not, I got my CPAP back in 2015.

I was looking at this one since I have a 40% off coupon for CVS which makes it only $160.

• HadIt.com Elder

The med person who showed me how to use it told me to use a mixed solution of distilled water and vinegar. All except the mask, which can't get wet. I use sanitary wipes for that. Although adding a little mouthwash may be a good idea.

Buck thanks that I did not know about the cleaning of the cleaning machine. I like the idea of using mouth wash on the hose and mask. 

I agree it may be a hassle at first but like anything it just getting use to the steps, I really like the part for saving money.

2 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

All except the mask, which can't get wet.

I have washed my mask in water all the time, I was not aware that I should not get it wet.