VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IU question future exams

Rate this question

Sezal

Question

Hi everyone, 

I was awarded my IU back in Nov 2014. My letter says I will have a re-examination Dec 2019. I have since moved to another state since 2014.
 Myself, my VSO and my social worker have been keeping an eye out for this exam so I can be prepared. But we don’t see anything coming up for December and January. Has anyone had this happen? Does the VA always schedule a Re-examination like they state in their award letters? This is all still very new to me, so any experiences or advice is genuinely appreciated. 

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

As long as you sent the VA a Change of Address  you should be ok,  so they know where to send the letter  that is if they scheduled you an exam?   which they may not? 

Just because they say  exam will be scheduled in Dec 2019   don't necessarily mean you will be scheduled an exam...this late in the year I doubt you will be scheduled an exam...if they have your correct address then you should be notified if they do. I personally don't think you will be sent an exam letter.

I moved and sent my RO My NEW ADDRESS Also I went to the executive offices at my VAMC and had them to place me new Address in the system.

No Problems. After that.

Edited by Buck52