VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

0 percent help

Rate this question

AllTheWay

Question

Greetings family. Maybe some can answer my question about claims with a 0 rating. These are my rated claims from bennies.

PTSD-70 with anxiety depression

Bilateral pes Planus-50

left shoulder-20

Tinnitus-10

eczema-0

dyssomnia otherwise claimed as insomnia- 0

I am planning on asking for an increase on all of the 0 rated disabilities and my question is for the insomnia, will it be rated under PTSD or since I have a separate rating of 0, can that be increased.

My intentions are and increase on insomnia as well, and also I am adding migraines secondary since that I have been diagnosed and is receiving treatment from the VA and also in the VA notes, its states that my migraines can be caused by the lack of sleep. 

Any advice?

Thank you 

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Bronc 100%. There are plenty of resources, doctors, that could possibly connect your in-service event. Even if they didn't diagnose the head trauma after your accident, it WAS an inservice event. (I assume no booze envolved.) It's going to cost $ for the IMO, so do your math to see if your symptoms makes it a good investment/payback. For example, if you should expect a 10% rating based on your symptoms, but a 10% won't get you to the next highest combined rating level, it might not be worth it. Of course if you had another potential low rated potential disability, it might make financial sense for you. If you are at 89 rounded up to 90% now,  a 10%  by itself won't do much for getting you to 100% scheduler.