VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange related claim over two year ago

Rate this question

Gunnerdad

Question

I disputed a claim for my AO related Heart Disease over two years ago with no response to date.  Is there anything I can do but wait?

At this rate if they rule against me and I file another dispute it could be a 5=6 year process.  I had a AO rated heart attack 2.5 years ago.

They accepted it was AO rated but only gave me 20% rating for a heart attack and two stints in my heart.  Is the idea to get you to die before the answer claims?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Not enough detail for me to answer without knowing your status on the AO heart disease increase appeal.  Did they send you an SOC and VA Form 9 after you filed your notice of disagreement (NOD) in response to their denial decision for increase above 20%.  If you did not file an NOD then did you file a reconsideration request in response to their denial.

If you did not complete the appeal by filling out and sending in the VA Form 9 for an appeal to the BVA then you may have to start over with new medical evidence.

You can call the help line at 1 800 827 1000 and ask them to do a IRIS request based upon the VA decision date and/or date of your claim, etc.  to find out status of your appeal or claim. Sounds like you need assist of a good experienced VSO located at a VA regional office.  Good luck and maybe some one else can give you a better answer.

AO IHD, Ischemic Heart Disease,is rated under diagnostic code 7005.

I have never seen a 20% rating for it-

usually it is 10, 30, 60 or 100%.

We need more info.

You can do an IRIS request as Dustoff said. I always do them on line at the main VA web site, under the Contact US button and I ask for an email reply ( to get hardcopy of their answer)

You should have had at least  an acknowledgement of the claim by now.