VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Assigned to rater meaning

Rate this question

Phild523

Question

My claim has been going on since aug 2018. It has been a crazy road. I put in conditions that my vso thought I should all at once. There was an issue with ptsd tbi and determining which symptoms belong to which. Claim went to prep for decision. Rater kicked back and I went to three more cp exams. Exams went well. He said it was assigned to a rater. What does this actually mean?  It can mean anywhere right? Not just my regional office. Thanks guys.

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Phild523 It means you are on the hamster wheel. Some call it the VA. Aug 2018 isn't too bad. It sounds you have a complicated group of disabilities and, rightfully so, the VA is trying (I think) to develop them. There are crossover symptoms, for example, on symptoms for PTSD and TBI and you want to be rated the highest possible way. I would say it was promising that the VA sent you to 3 additional C&P's. ebenefits status doesn't really reflect what is currently going on. It could be at a rater. It also could be kicked back for further development again. Calling Peggy isn't going to get you any better insight either in my opinion. You just have to wait a while. Hang in there.

:You posted:

He said it was assigned to a rater.

Im gonna assume the pronoun "he" refers to your VSO.  I will further make the assumption "he" looked at your VBMS. (VBMS access is not granted to all VSO's or attorney's, you must jump through VA hoops to get it).  

You probably should have asked "him" what that meant, as me speculating on what someone else meant when they said something is unlikely to be productive.  

However, all of what I posted above is likely moot; it most likely means he thinks your claim is progressing.  You simply have to wait for the envelope.  There is no guarantee more information wont be needed.  I have no idea if you have all the Caluza elements or not.  And, many VSO's dont know the difference between Caluza elements and the ingredients in Calamine lotion.  

If VSO's did understand the Caluza elements, then you would not see so many claims denied.  Your VSO sending you to an appeal absent Caluza elements would be like sending you to battle without a gun and your gear.  

Incredibly, the Army did just that to my son..sent him into Iraq combat without an ammo belt.  Instead, he carried a few rounds in his pocket.  Bad idea.  Its okay for deer hunting, but not so good for battle.  First, a few rounds is not enough, and, the ammo is not well protected in your pocket.  Remember, ammo does not require a gun to go off, it can go off with excessive heat, or, even by an object striking the ammo in just the right place.  

Edited by broncovet