• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Supply Guy

Appeal hung up because of request for claim folder contents?

Question

Has anyone ever seen this message?

Thank you for inquiry.  Your appeal was received at the Board on January 15, 2019.  Subsequently, the Board received a request for a copy of the contents of your claims folder.  That request is currently under review by the Board's Privacy Act Officer for review and response.  If additional authorization is needed, the Board will contact you.  Once this action is complete, the Board will consider your appeal according to its place on the docket. 

Yes, I got a similar one, if not exactly the same.  

Prior to RAMP, aka AMA, the VARo was required to send you a SOC.  While this letter did not replace the SOC (or SSOC), it probably does save time.  Vets claims were "sitting" at the VARO for 2 years or more before they were even sent to BVA, part of it was the SOC, and part of it was the VARO had to "certify" it to the BVA.  Those things took VARO about 2 years.  

Your letter is a part of the process to "get" the cfile to the Board.  And, the cfile needs to be complete for the Board to make a good decision.  Of course, many/most Vets have no idea what is in their cfile, so they also have no idea if additional evidence is needed.  (The VA does not currently allow Veterans online access to their VBMS file, only some VSO's and some attorney's get VBMS access.  VBMS access is your cfile in real time.  That is important because your cfile can/does change almost on a daily basis, because VA adds new evidence, AND, the VA deletes other stuff).

This letter is to let you know your appeal is moving forward, and, I think its a good thing.    Prior to that, the VARO could/sometimes did just "lose" your appeal and that was the end of it.  You never heard any more, and if you had another issue decided, that portion was "deemed denied" contrary to 38 CFR 3.103.    For that reason, I like knowing that my appeal did not somehow get lost betwee the VARO and the BVA or at the VARO, which has happened to me in the past.  

Edited by broncovet

Bronco, I do not know about you but they deliver my paper cfile in a dump truck. :rolleyes:

I wish president Trump would pass a regulation so that ALL VETERANS has Access to the VBMS

Hot Damn   wouldn't that be great....😊

lol @Vetquest  I hear that,...  but now days this is why we need to use the proper forms so the VBMS can copy and add it into our now compact digital Disk C-File..no more boxes of heavy paper to shift through.   this is one good thing the VA did.

the only bad thing is  if it can't read it it won't copy it I guess they shred  it...One more reason to type out your claim if filing snail mail or use dark Ink or dark pencil  printed out clearly. so it can read it......it can't read the chicken scratch the Dr's do  so I can only imagine were going to lose some very important records or notes through this process.  so keep everything you get from the VA AND ANYTHING VA RELATED.

Edited by Buck52

Welcome to Hadit!

Been there and done that over 20 years ago. I hope you win your appeal!

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

I wish president Trump would pass a regulation so that ALL VETERANS has Access to the VBMS

Hot Damn   wouldn't that be great....😊

If we could get read-only access, that would be fantastic. I don't think this will happen anytime soon though. They don't want veterans peering behind the veil too much. Even if it did, they would have to redact a ton of fields from view.