VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can't believe what VA Billed my insurance!

Rate this topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

I remember back when I first started using the VA I HAD TO PAY A SMALL CO-PAY it was not that much so I didn't gripe,  I was 0% S,C,..AND when I got my 50% NO CO PAYS..IF Only I had known at the time I should have saved up all my prescription receipts from the private drug stores like Walgreens   CVS ect,,ect,,,VA will Reimburse you for those.

It makes you wish the VA would have notified us when we filed our claims initially. All I got was the "it's going to take forever, blah, blah, blah" form letter. I lost about five years of reimbursements because I simply did not know. In fact, it was some years after I won my appeal before I learned the VA could reimburse for copays and travel.

• HadIt.com Elder

Vync

Ain't that the truth...eh!

• 10 months later...

Believe it or not, but, whether the VA coordinates payment of your care with your private insurance when you also have private insurance and the Veteran is 90%, is or could be dependent on how many employees your place of work has.  Many different thresholds.  Who pays what when is mandated by law, and basically everyone's situation is different.

Two years ago, I was 90% and had private insurance through my employer, and with less than 20 employees.  Also, at this time, my wife was on SS disability.  SSDI paid first, private insurance second in her case.  For me, I never got billed for anything.  In eBenefits, they listed my private insurance.  I am making the assumption, that the VA and my private insurance worked it out.

I have no private insurance now, eBenefits lists none for insurance, and am still 90%.  The VA pays everything, or I should say, I go to the VA for everything.

Now in March, I will go under Tri-Care, and will probably go back to my private doctors.  My private doctors have been more beneficial towards my VA claims versus, my VA PCP.  She is not very progressive in regards to my maladies.  Good enough, etc..

My thoughts,

Hamslice

Edited by Hamslice

• HadIt.com Elder
9 hours ago, Oceanbound said:

I think you're wrong Buck. If someone is 90% why is the VA billing the insurance at all. What is the point of VA (poor) care then when you'er getting billed for poor service and still not treated.

What part of this I mention is wrong?

I quoted

I know the VA can bill our private insurance, we are supposed to let them know if we  GET THE INSURANCE OR have any other insurance  including medicare.(SO THEY CAN BILL THEM A PART OF THE COST)

I remember back when I first started using the VA I HAD TO PAY A SMALL CO-PAY it was not that much so I didn't gripe,  I was 0% S,C,..AND when I got my 50% NO CO PAYS..IF Only I had known at the time I should have saved up all my prescription receipts from the private drug stores like Walgreens   CVS ect,,ect,,,VA will Reimburse you for those.

You posted:

When I get the results I was iterated to find out they drug tested me.  I am not a drug user and didn’t pop positive for anything, but I felt a bit misled. 

From the Veterans point of view, Im not sure that it matters whether or not our insurance is billed "except that" it COULD  (If the VA did a good job money management, which they dont) mean that the VA could serve more Veterans better with that money they receive from insurance.  

But, Im not crazy about going down for health care, and the doc unknowingly drug tests you.  (They did that to me, too!)  

The drug test (without your consent) seems to be a much bigger deal than the financial health of VA vs the insurance companies.  

Apparently, the laws are such that allows VA to bill insurance companies, and I have to assume the insurance companies know what/if they should pay.