VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can't believe what VA Billed my insurance!

Rate this topic

The VA is only supposed to bill private health insurance for non-service connected medical care, supplies and prescriptions which I have no issue with. But they have in the past billed my private health insurance for my allergy immunotherapy vaccine vials even though I'm service connected for allergies. The only reason I was made aware that they were doing this is because I had a flexible spending account through my job that would automatically reimburse me for copays, etc. and they were giving me reimbursements for the copay costs of the vials.  

• 2 years later...

Drug tests - this was common when I was receiving or about to receive pain killers for an ortho problem.  Once I came off the painkillers - I simple refused to allow the drug test.  Ask what they are doing before they do it.  

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA drug tests the hell out of me because I get pain meds from VA.  This must cost VA a fortune to see if I smoked a joint last week etc.  They question in detail about any alcohol use.  VA also billed my insurance, but I called my congressman and insurance to tell them not to pay.  I have 8 SC conditions.  How does the VA distinguish between what is and isn't SC?  I don't think VA gives a shit about us.  It is about the money they have to spend on us.