VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Aim is to Privatize Health Care

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder
On 12/7/2019 at 8:35 AM, vetquest said:

That is interesting Buck.  I am using TriWest but they did not give me a choice or neurologists.

vetquest ,As I understand it  we can find a Dr of our choice  and call Tri West ...> if your approved by the VA mission act P-3 COMMUNITY CARE PROGRAM.

VA people had me fing=d a dentist and hand surgeon  and I did  and it took Tri West a good while almost 2 month   about 40 days or so to get the ball rolling 

(I think things got put on a shelf and I called the VA that I have not heard a word from Tri West after they had me to find a Dr.)

..VA Called Tri West  ask if there was a problem?  Then Tri West called ME  to set up my appointments  an checked my schedule..and they worked around my VA Appointments  and I got my community care appointments all set up for the Hand clinic..the Dentist was just a one time thing but I may have to go back if I want dentures made by them and not the VA...(As why I ask for the outside care VA dentures never would fit right after seeing 4 different VA Dentist.

*Note* if you get approved for outside care  find you a good Dr you like or have a good references then call Tri West and let them know  you want to go with this Dr....they will call this Dr and ask when you can get these services  and then they will call you and check your schedule before making the appointments..once you get in with the Dr  you can set your on time/dates that suits you.

Matter of fact I go for my 1st of 10 appointments today at 1:15 for my hand therapy.

.if the 10 trys don't do it and I need more appointments  then I need to call Tri West and make sure its ok  ect,,,ect,,,.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
23 hours ago, Buck52 said:

As I understand it  we can find a Dr of our choice  and call Tri West ...> if your approved by the VA mission act P-3 COMMUNITY CARE PROGRAM.

Another interesting thing is if you have a doc you want to see, but they are not with TriWest yet, you can call TriWest and ask them to call the doc. If the doc opts in, you're good to go. Had that happen earlier this year with a chiropractor.

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that Vync!!!