VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SMC-S PTSD CONFUSION

Rate this question

Dustoff1970

Question

CONFUSION!!!!!!!!!.  For what it is worth here is a September post from a veterans wife

"Hello everyone. My husband was just awarded sc for sleep apnea by the BVA. They sent it back to the RO to be awarded. This will now give him SMC-s since he is 100% for PTSD alone and the sleep apnea award will put his other combined totals above 60%. The va.gov website says he should see a change in pay in 1-2 months. Anyone with experience with this and how long did it take for your award to show up after BVA granted appeal? And do they give retro for SMC-s?"

There seems to be confusion among knowledgeable veterans, advisers on different veterans forums as to whether or not OSA Sleep Apnea at 50% rating level secondary to PTSD can be used as part of 60& requirement for qualifying for an SMC-S award assuming that the vet is 100% for PTSD  or TDIU due to PTSD only.  Some pros say yes and others say no. There are many confused vets including me with claims and appeals on this issue in the works.

I would also like to hear from any vet who has received SMC-S  due to secondary SC of Sleep Apnea due to a 100% PTSD only rating.  Thanks Everyone

I was not banned but I made a statement that they disagreed with.  My statement was merely that the RO said I was going to be reevaluated for a reduction in a in a rating decision.  I was piled on by no fewer than five moderators that belittled me and told me it was not the truth.  I cited the actual decision and was further berated.  They were very demeaning and condescending.

Thanks Berta and Vetquest for your recent responses.  I agree with you both 100% and I should never have followed some of their advice or I would be further along now.  My last post on their forum was also dismissed and locked when former DRO Cruiser did not like my statement about my winning a CUE appeal as a pro se veteran before the CAVC vet court in 2005.

I feel very sorry for younger and or newer vets seeking their advice on their one sided forum.

• HadIt.com Elder

I for one don't know the name of that site and, I do not want to know. Just based on witness statements from you guys is enough for me. Why would I want to get advise from a site that is one-sided and not open to differences of opinion. That is how you learn, by listening to what others have experienced. To be punished (banned) because you said something that goes against the brotherhood when proving your proof of the argument, kinda sounds what those despots in Iran do. No thanks. Besides, I'm beginning to like you guys. (Well, most of you:))

Because GBArmy when I joined that forum many years ago  I was not aware of Veterans Hadit or VA Watchdog and other forums.  Also even on the forum that banned me recently there are a few long term honest and knowledgeable experienced posters whose opinions I respect and they are not present or former VA raters or DRO officers or even oversold VSOs.

Unlike you I am slow minded (DUH) and it took me a while to realize that many of the VA rater pukes were putting out deliberate misinformation to us other vets but I did catch it in time.  I am TDIU P&T for over 20 plus years now thanks only to myself.  I also have additional 30% rating for Agent Orange Heart Disease, 70% for PTSD, SMC-K, and two appeals in the works for other issues.  NOT bad for this country boy forced to do everything himself because of sorry ass VA raters and even VSO officers from 1985 to 1997.  I will compare this record to anyone else.  Anything Else??????? 

Please God forgive me for being so dumb in presence of such brilliance.

Edited by Dustoff 11

My younger brother was thought to be "the dumb one"..he was held back a grade, and I passed with flying colors and went on to college.  

Yea...my brother is "dumb" alright.  "Dumb" like a fox.    He is 15 months younger and he has at least 5000 per month retirement plus, he has 0 mortgage and 0 car payments.  

He doesnt have to put up with the VA.   He goes wherever he wants, whenever he wants.  So, he is the dumb one right?   i KINDA KNEW THIS ALLalong...he is not near as dumb as he looks (that is what I tell him).  

He got a much nicer retirment "out" of the military service then I ever could have "in" it.    He is self employed retired.  

Dustoff 11- You must belong to the Vietnam Dustoff Association. If so, why didn't Bruce, Mike or Neal tell you about me? I did a presentation to the group at the annual meeting down in San Diego back in 13?/14? I've worked with Bruce helping his Vets since 2012. 

Alex Graham

USAF/AirAm

RVN/Thailand/Laos 5/15/70 -5/15/72