VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Changes coming

Rate this question

Berta

Question

In part:

"WASHINGTON — The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Board of Veterans’ Appeals (Board) and Office of Information and Technology (OIT) are working towards nationwide availability of virtual hearings for Veterans next year, allowing access using their mobile phone or laptop via the VA Video Connect app.
The virtual hearings are based on the Veterans Health Administration's tele-health platform and lets Veterans participate in their appeals hearings from the comfort of their homes."

https://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=5372

Also:

"VA continues record setting claims processing pace for 2019

"WASHINGTON — The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) disability claims backlog reached its lowest point ever, Nov 23 from its previous record low achieved May 2018."

https://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=5371

• HadIt.com Elder

Hollie, we are all following you. You know what, you keep on asking and listening to the good advise from Shrek and others and you WILL WIN. You aint no pushover. You ain't going to let them win. We're just here to give you a hand when you need it. Small hint: mark your calendar for 6 months and 9 months from your decision letter. Be aware on your one year appeal limit. We want an update when you come up with a plan. O.K.

• Lead Moderator
52 minutes ago, Dustoff 11 said:

I have never done BVA hearings in my several successful appeals over the past 30 plus years because i cannot hide my disdain for VA employees  or even VSOs in face to face contact and have done everything by mail, phone, fax or email that was just fine with satisfactory results.

Between 1985 to 88 or 89 I was notified AFTER THE FACT by a DAV VSO that he attended a hearing on my behalf and he sold me down the creek without a paddle or canoe.  I was never notified in advance about anything by him and my PTSD rating was reduced and then terminated because of that sorry ass VSO and sorry ass VA rater.  The VSO was an older Korean vet and thought of us younger Vietnam vets as doppers and losers. This is  first reason for my disdain.   Since then I have handled many claims and appeals myself with mostly successes.  To hell with them and their petty prejudices and jealousies. 

I have to go with Gbarmy here as he hit the nail on the head!  There are those at the VA and other offices who do a great job and there are those who don't give two s$&ts.  I dropped 2 other organizations or one dropped me because I kept pushing!  I found one (VFW) and the guy there is great and will look up anything I ask him for.  He will also call me if he sees a big change or anything I should know about.  Sometimes it is about searching for that person who can and will help you!  The VA does change, but it takes a long time!

Remember you have people in your corner!

This is the same thing as WebTV in the 90s and it took a decade to really be fruitful--with Netflix/Youtube. This includes the billions that we (USA) spent in the 90s on laying fiber everywhere, so that it can sit for years before it gets "lit" which is why it is called dark fiber in the first place. Since 2005 with Youtube, Netflix, Video Gamers, Linux/BSD not Microsoft, and mainly 64bit cpu chips help pushed up things. The 64bit chip broke the barrier, which took 30 years, since cpu chips 30 years ago were 286s and Nintendo NESes.

Virtual hearing, is a video I saw in the college 2003 where a Japanese doctor had the "Nintendo Power Glove" on and was treating/examining the patient. Can't find the video. So it will be at least ten years before its happens. That and some lawyers are already doing that with out the vets through Internet video conferencing; with a 100 dollar webcam, microphone such as a AMT 404 Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphone, and their internet connection.

2 minutes ago, Oceanbound said:

This is the same thing as WebTV in the 90s and it took a decade to really be fruitful--with Netflix/Youtube. This includes the billions that we (USA) spent in the 90s on laying fiber everywhere, so that it can sit for years before it gets "lit" which is why it is called dark fiber in the first place. Since 2005 with Youtube, Netflix, Video Gamers, Linux/BSD not Microsoft, and mainly 64bit cpu chips help pushed up things. The 64bit chip broke the barrier, which took 30 years, since cpu chips 30 years ago were 286s and Nintendo NESes.

Virtual hearing, is a video I saw in the college 2003 where a Japanese doctor had the "Nintendo Power Glove" on and was treating/examining the patient. Can't find the video. So it will be at least ten years before its happens. That and some lawyers are already doing that with out the vets through Internet video conferencing; with a 100 dollar webcam, microphone such as a AMT 404 Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphone, and their internet connection.

Further more in 2003 when I was looking at the Big Telephone equipment, I came across one machine that was like a million dollars and it said that the cell phone is still a baby with only having like 40 apps currently "live" when there is a total about 450, which meant the other 400 weren't developed or created yet. 

Hi, GBARMY, ShrektheTank1, and allansc2005,

Thank you all for your kind words and advice.  It means a lot and I appreciate it.

...to old friend allan:  I have an appeal active (in my 20th month now), and as I am pretty sure you are aware MS is a mystery disease with no cure.  This current cluster F situation began in 2017 when I could not walk; I literally woke up and my legs would not cooperate.  My husband had to carry me to the bathroom and then we went to our local ER so I could have the Prednisone infusion for 3 days and Prednisone pills to take home.

I still have an exacerbation that is hanging around (AKA natural disease progression), anyway, it took a few months before I decided to put in for an increase (seems like a reasonable and rational thing to do) BUT NO, I have had nothing but problems.

I have a urologist now and he is a retired civilian urologist from another county (contract physician); he is nice and explains things.

So, I hang in and I will never give up.

Thank you all again.

H   😀