VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Willie Ward Jr.

Rate this question

willie ward jr

Question

My BVA appeal was recently granted  dated OCT 8,2019. For PTSD effective date JULY 2015. My rating for PTSD IN 2015  decreased from 50% to 30% and was granted  restoration back to 50% OCT 8, 2019. It was suppose to take effect within 1-2 months. Still no change on my E-benefits. It still shows PTSD 30% not 50%. Also when can I expect retroactive pay from effective date of 7-2015 to 10-2019?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Willie Ward Jr Congratulations; good job done! There is money on the table so it's going to take a while for the VA to decide. 30%  to 50% over 4 years,, if that is the EED is going to be a good chunk of change. You could call 1-800 Peggy and see what you can find out, but honestly, it more than likely isn't going to help. It is unfortunate, but until you get your decision letter, your just not going to know for sure. And, if you figure you got low-balled on the back pay when you get it, don't be afraid to appeal. Your back pay, by the way, might come in more than one check so don't be surprised. Be sure your ebenees has your current address and banking info too.

I had a BVA win in 7/2019, in my case it had to go back to the RO to figure the percentages and determine if there was any retro pay. Well the RO screwed it up and instead of making the effective date 7/2015 they made it the date of the BVA grant. As soon as I got the decision I filed an HLR for an EED which was granted (eBenefits had the correct percentages and effective date) 45 days later. I received my first retro check in October 21, and the second one in November 28. 

Is your appeal actually closed? I ask because after my BVA grant the appeal was not closed it was sent to the RO to finish the processing with the correct percentage and effective date.

Congratulations on your win and I hope your retro pay comes soon!!!