VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ILP Contractor coming to house to assess needs - any advice

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

ILP Contractor coming to house to assess needs - any advice? Contractor will be here tomorrow to evaluate my living situation to see what they can do for me. Any suggestions? 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
14 hours ago, Tbird said:

Bens group emphasis is voc rehab education track

Much of the group is, but periodically there are questions about ILP.

3 hours ago, Tbird said:

He spent two hours with me and seemed to be very thorough he said his report will be to the counselor in a week and after that it's up to them.

That is great,  my counselor never even bothered to send anyone to do one when I was put in the ILP, my counselor is horrible I hope you have a much better one who actually does their job!!  I was Ben's group for a long time and sadly not many counselors know how to or want to, not sure which honestly, deal with veterans in the ILP.  I have seen veterans receive the help they need and then others nothing really but a ton of drama and fighting for the simplest item. 

See attached questionnaire from my Independent Living assessment done at our home this year. Has good information for items and home improvements you can request.

He did ask us to go online and send him screen shots of any specific items we would like to have. This helped the VA to provide exactly what we needed by taking the guess work out. The VR&E provided us an adjustable split king size bed. Most other items are pretty much general but helpful: shoe horn, wash brush, ring doorbell, iRobot, etc.

Good luck and hope all goes well.

IL Questions To Complete 2019.docx

Any updates on what the VA provided you?

I just had my virtual contractor evaluation, he is working on helping with shower/restroom grab bars, a bidet, and an appropriate office chair. He did offer some gel mats but I declined them as I have fallen enough times that I just prefer to have nothing on the floor. He asked about the bed and in an encouraging tone said "let me work on this", I didnt ask for anything he just wanted me to describe my sleeping arrangement. A split king mattress would be really nice.

I havent had any conversations around 'goals' or goal projects, but I dont really even know what I can do.

Edited by Ocean