VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Closed - No Notification Letter

Rate this question

SPecial1972

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with broncovet he is  spot on

here is what I'd do as broncovet mention

d.  Call the white house hotline inquiring as to why your claim was closed without a decision as required by 38 CFR 3.103 which states:

August 6 my claim was closed.  VA.gov information was that they "agreed with me".  No letter was forthcoming.   August 26 decision on ebenefits lists my disability percentage as 0% . . . as of this date I have not received the decision letter which should outline the reasons for the decision.  So it has been a little over 3 months with a decision that I disagee with but am unable to refute because I don't have the letter telling me how they came to that decision.  I have called Peggy - as usual no help there.  Twice I have emailed IRIS inquiring as to why no decision -  they say it should be coming soon.   So, to answer your question yes I have and still am experiencing what you are experiencing.   I figure that because of my age they are pretty sure I'll be ashes and they won't have to expend anymore energy on my case.  Oh, yeah and I'm still awaiting on some move from the RO on a second remand from the BVA instructing them to order another C&P exam because they will not accept the evidence I submitted from two professionals that substantiates my contentions.   Deny and obstruct until we die.  Good luck in your quest . . .  

Edited by toddt
correct word

• HadIt.com Elder

toddt

You might want to give it a few more weeks   it usually takes 91 days  so your close...you should be hearing something soon...now if you filed electronically they send the letter in your e benefits, if you filed by  U.S. Mail they should send you the letter to your address you gave them.

I'd keep calling until I got am answer, 

Did you recieved your SOC?

Check out Elder member Vetquest Blog on What To Do if You Don't Receive  a Notification?

let them know you have not heard a word from them in 3 months as to Why We (made the Decision)

you might recheck your e benefits account

It's strange IRIS can't help?

Edited by Buck52