VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Results, 30 day waiting period?

Rate this question

LanceJoseph

Question

Hello all, I recently filed for an increase on 3 separate issues and was scheduled for a C&P exam on Dec, 9th. The exam was thorough and the NP took her time asking many questions and was very patient with me when it came to the physical examinations. I was told that before I left that I would be able to see my exam notes on the Blue Button page on myhealth.va. I did provide the examiner with 2 IMO's and 1 buddy statement at the beginning of the exam. Today I checked and I found a note from the examiner stating "The comp and pen exam notes will be available 30 calendar days after completion". I have never once seen this before, and if this is the case there will be a decision before I ever see my exam notes. I called the C&P office to clarify why this is or how I could receive those records, They simply put a note in the system to the examiner herself asking to call me back. Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.   

Any advice on what I should do? 

Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 2.41.08 PM.png

• Lead Moderator

The one thing I know you can do is go to your C&P officer at the VA hospital.  Mine was more than helpful!  Typically it won't be that fast, but who knows.  Depending on how busy they are will depend on how fast they get from the contractor back to the RO.  

It is a waiting game and they can really do what they want and there is not a lot we can do about it sadly.  

• Lead Moderator

C&P exams do not go to your blue button report.  You can go to the release of information office at the hospital and put in for them, but it can take up to a month for them to come through.  They can't make a decision until they get them.  The real issue is you can't stop what they are going to do.  You can only appeal it.  

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

If your exam was done at the VAMC, you might consider calling their release of information office. They should be able to tell you if the results are available. This might be a way to get around the 30 day delay for it appearing online.

Also, when I have imaging done like MRI or x-rays, you have to wait the # of days indicated before they will appear online. However, I am usually able to see the radiology report in my progress notes much earlier.

I had a C&P earlier this year (June) at the VAMC. Mine did not show up in the progress notes for about two weeks. At that time, I didn't get the 30 day message so that could be something new the VA implemented.

I do not know if this is new but there is a process.  Your claim should not be rated before they receive your C&P exam, that would be a major mistake.  If your claim is denied you have three levels of appeal, the supplemental level appeal (with new evidence if you have it), higher level review (without new evidence), and the BVA.  I would not go to the BVA right off unless you have an IMO (independent medical opinion) that impeaches the C&P determination.  

But that is putting the cart before the horse with all of that information.  You might get approved the first time around.  If you do not do not give up, keep fighting, the VA wants you to give up.

C/P exam until recently could be downloaded within 3 days of the exam,  I learned last month when I had my C/P eye exam that it was changed to 30 days. After 30 days you can download the exam just as you would any other medical notes using the blue button.  Exams that were conducted outside the VA ( contractors) will require a letter to Janesville Wi. they will treat it as a freedom of information act, and take their time provided the  Information

5 hours ago, shrekthetank1 said:

C&P exams do not go to your blue button report.

Well as I indicated above it depends on who conduced the exam, if at a VA they yes you can download via blue button