VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

remaned sleep apnea

Rate this question

lp1067

Question

has the V A  started using  contractors to decided  remand sleep apnea  claims , got a call 

lady said they were a contractor V A   and was going to schedule me  with another doctor, 

my V A sleep doctor has already stated that it was more likely than not I had sleep apnea while in service.

what can i except from this  evaluation?  thank you  for your input.

VA does this to most of us.  They keep denying, we keep appealing until we win.  Its the way VA works.  80 percent of first time claimants are denied.  OF the ones who appeal, "most" will eventually be awarded provided that they persist until they win.  

Supreme Court Justice Roberts was "suprised" to find out that VA is "substantially unjustified" in denying the claim well over 50 percent at the CAVC level.  At the VARO its more like 80 percent.  

I once was speaking to a high level VA official who stated that the VA does not award persistence.  In other words appealing is not a way to win your claim.  This was after the VA dug up a civil war law and made it illegal for a veteran to pay more than $100  to a lawyer when they are defending a veteran against the VA shenanigans.  That was overturned and we have the right to appeal with a lawyer and many of the things that the VA used to hide behind are now not available to them.  About that time the VA was broken, it has improved as far as the veteran's appellate rights.

The military teaches you to not quit and then the VA tries to break us when we are broken.  Never quit, never surrender.